wife is prepping now!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > wife is prepping now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default wife is prepping now!

Finally got the wife to realize she needs to help me prep. At first she thought I was nuts until I pulled the "kids " card and how we need to do it for them.
I told her anything ANYTHING can happen and I want to be a few steps ahead of others. So today she is going to the 1$store to get some can goods and anything else we can stock pile.
Im a firm believer that somethings happening and I refuse to be a victim.
this just made my day!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #2

Liked 2378 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Good deal, nice to have the spouse involved.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I no right?! None of my friends prep the only other person I no is my uncle and but hes the tin foil hat type

Old 06-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #4

Liked 2378 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I don't prep, not that I have anything against it. I just don't. I have finally gotten a date set to take my wife shooting. Her first time, with a 22 we bought her. Not the same deal but yeah. Hope you guys enjoy it together.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #5

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I wonder if the 'kid card' will work when you want a new gun!

Here's a pretty big thread on the subject, don't know if you've seen it yet, it's been buried but feel free to resurrect it with some more info...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/what-have-you-done-lately-preps-38757/

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm not a prepper. I am a well trained survivalist that just happens to be a reactionary constitutionalist that has an affinity for collecting war related objects. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

vincent Likes This 
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8737 Times on 3777 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

I'm not a prepper. I AM a country boy that has been thru too many times of "power is out, and even if you COULD get to the store, it's closed."

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
I'm not a prepper. I AM a country boy that has been thru too many times of "power is out, and even if you COULD get to the store, it's closed."
Im not gunna dooms day prep and have 50 year supply for 50 people I dont have that kind if money.
Its more of a just in case anything happens im ahead of the pack. Being in wyoming is just one step

Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #9

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper View Post
Im not gunna dooms day prep and have 50 year supply for 50 people I dont have that kind if money.
Its more of a just in case anything happens im ahead of the pack. Being in wyoming is just one step
Hell brother your already one step ahead of most , even if got snowed in , flooded , etc your one step ahead of the others that did nothing . We keep alot of stuff on hand that has a long shelf life, we dont keep a ton of it because if something happened and we had to go where would we put it all . Enough for a couple weeks with the wife and 2 kids is a large step , Water will be the big one to stock pile ,you use it for everything , everyday of the yr.
We are also in the process of selling our house and our rental property in town and buying a house on 2 acres in the country , Cant wait to get the hell outta town and away from neighbors .

Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

Hell brother your already one step ahead of most , even if got snowed in , flooded , etc your one step ahead of the others that did nothing . We keep alot of stuff on hand that has a long shelf life, we dont keep a ton of it because if something happened and we had to go where would we put it all . Enough for a couple weeks with the wife and 2 kids is a large step , Water will be the big one to stock pile ,you use it for everything , everyday of the yr.
We are also in the process of selling our house and our rental property in town and buying a house on 2 acres in the country , Cant wait to get the hell outta town and away from neighbors .
I have good credit just not long enough credit to get a nice chuck of land a couple miles outta town or I would scram outta town to