Why home protections are needed.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Why home protections are needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Why home protections are needed.

This is a story from out here in the desert. A man just protecting his family.

Dad fights off intruder with gun to his head

Last edited by canebrake; 03-19-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Lucky man. Glad he took matters into his own hands in spite of prevailing circumstances. He didn't give up. He turned it around.
What they needed to do, of course, after beating the life out of that punk, is invest in two dogs. I have an ADT home security system.
But I also have two German Shepard mixes adopted from a nearby kill shelter. Man, oh, man! Am I glad I have them. They are the greatest
companions, friends, and BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM with their ever-alertness and keen sense of cognition. No need to say they're my buddies forever!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

This is very true even I am guilty of leaving doors unlock and the alarm off but thus open my eyes to see the danger of doing so.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

That guy reeks of awesomeness!!!! I've wanted a German shepherd for years for that very reason! Still working on the wife. Would you recommend male or female and why?

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My wife and I raise German Shepherds, they are the greatest dogs in the world IMO. If you only want one dog I would go with a female they seem to be more protective by themselves; but if your looking at getting a pair I would get one of each sex. When shopping for a pup just try and find the alpha of the litter.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm49007
My wife and I raise German Shepherds, they are the greatest dogs in the world IMO. If you only want one dog I would go with a female they seem to be more protective by themselves; but if your looking at getting a pair I would get one of each sex. When shopping for a pup just try and find the alpha of the litter.
Thank you! The info is appreciated!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I've wanted a German shepherd for years for that very reason! Still working on the wife.
Big B, switch your priorities -- get the dog first. They're cheaper, positive, easier to understand and more loyal.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Big B, switch your priorities -- get the dog first. They're cheaper, positive, easier to understand and more loyal.
Haha you misunderstood I'm already married! I've always wanted a shepherd, but the Mrs. brought home a Pomeranian, wtf! She's a great dog and all, but damn a BG would kick her across the roon and continue on their way. A shepherd would kick some serious a$$

Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #9

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a home protection friend also. He will let me know if some one is even in my yard. If they walk to the front door. He will bark once and wait to see if they come in. If they are just walking in the yard he will bark and bark untill someone looks to see what it is. He is the best dog ever he sleeps in my kids bed or he sleep in his own bed in my room. He might not be a german shepard but hes the best dog i have ever had. The picture is when he was almost a year. Now hes about 60lbs of good home protection.

forumrunner_20120325_224607.jpg  

Last edited by fupuk; 03-26-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
That guy reeks of awesomeness!!!! I've wanted a German shepherd for years for that very reason! Still working on the wife. Would you recommend male or female and why?

When picking a wife, I strongly recommend a female. Males do not make very good wives. Or did you infer you already had the wife and were working in convincing her to get a dog :/

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball