Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
I don't wanna stir the pot or cause a fight. BUT are you or anyone you know kinda excited about something like this? Or anything else that's considered SHTF?
No, not at all. I don't relish the idea of me or my family in harm's way. But if it's going to happen no matter what, I'd prefer it happen while I'm young enough to contribute in a meaningful way.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I don't wanna stir the pot or cause a fight. BUT are you or anyone you know kinda excited about something like this? Or anything else that's considered SHTF?
I'm not an anarchist or anything, but i'm going to die anyway, so it would be nice to die free (meaning without government). Of course, i realize to want this is unfair to the 100's of millions who would get to take that ride with me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #43

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Well if it happens theres no stopping it.. but I hate paying bills anyway lol wait .. they would still probably try and take my money lose lose situation

Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #44

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that a microwave oven with the cord off and stored off the ground makes a good faraday cage.
You know, this makes sense. Not confirming or denying, JMHO. But think about it...a microwave emits a lot of microwave radiation. It has shielding so it doesn't cook you, too. So, if it can keep that radiation in, why not out? That's assuming that EMP & Microwaves are similar.....

Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #45

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You know, this makes sense. Not confirming or denying, JMHO. But think about it...a microwave emits a lot of microwave radiation. It has shielding so it doesn't cook you, too. So, if it can keep that radiation in, why not out? That's assuming that EMP & Microwaves are similar.....
try making a cell call while heating up your breakfast burrito standing next to your microwave

shielding is not so good

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #46

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

No one... Wont need too

Old 08-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #47

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Excited? That's a pretty strange question I think, or thought. That anyone answered 'yes' as other than an obvious joke is rather surprising and a little disturbing. The definition of zombie just expanded a little as far as I'm concerned...

Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #48

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Excited? That's a pretty strange question I think, or thought. That anyone answered 'yes' as other than an obvious joke is rather surprising and a little disturbing. The definition of zombie just expanded a little as far as I'm concerned...
I'm a "zombie" because I like the adrenaline rush of surviving in a hostile environment? Not exactly the label I would have chosen, but if we have to label it, I guess I'll wear it...

How about something that denotes a little more adrenalin addiction than shuffling feet and a hunger for human flesh? Come on man, make me proud. I would suggest "Joker" if not for that murderous azz in Colorado...

Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #49

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
oh $hit, then i better not stand in front of the window glass anymore....watching my food cook!!!!!!! cuz it's just glass!!!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #50

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:

i would like b n able to tell all the nay-sayers "i toldja so," but i would be happy about NOT bein rite about this one...........cuz it's gonna b BBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDD when it happens, and not just for the "non-preppers."

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me