Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1824 Times on 1049 Posts
Likes Given: 3744

Default Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.?

If anyone has read the book "One Second After", here is an article that is another eye opener. Remember we have had two warnings already in the last two months - power disruptions from mother nature:

Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas

India

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/whom-will-you-call-when-emp-shuts-down-u-s/

Experts on a panel assembled by Florida-based The United West have warned that the aftermath of an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) attack would be devastating on the United States, with up to 90 percent of the population dead or dying.

According to Fritz Ermarth, chairman of the National Intelligence Council, “A significant EMP event would bring about the prompt and early delayed death of millions of people.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #2

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
In what has been called an “Electronic Armageddon,” an EMP strike delivered from a single bomb would result in the United States losing two-thirds to 90 percent of its population within six months of the event.

I find this statement hard to believe ... 2/3'ds to 90% of US citizens require electronics to survive today?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #3

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I find this statement hard to believe ... 2/3'ds to 90% of US citizens require electronics to survive today?
I wouldn't call anyone 'cause the phones wouldn't be workin'.

The refrigerator is the most important invention of the 20th C.

Transportation is kinda useful too. Reginald Denny thinks that, with the traffic lights not working in all the urban areas, darnit, the all-important subsidized truckloads just won't get there anymore...
reginald-denny-ii.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 08-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #4

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Well one thing is for sure. All these anti gun, no hunting fruit smoothies will be the first to go. It will just make things easier on us.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Well one thing is for sure. All these anti gun, no hunting fruit smoothies will be the first to go. It will just make things easier on us.
Look behind you. There's a growing entourage of just such people now following you to safety.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #6

Liked 4715 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Look behind you. There's a growing entourage of just such people now following you to safety.
Which is why we stockpile ammo and have alliances already formed for our "bug out" groups.

It's also why I live in the PNW and in the shadow of some very tough country. Our machiato sipping tender foots would not make it to the foothills let alone into the mountains.

Those of us who can survive, will wait 3 months, which should be ample time for the dependent souls to perish and the decomp/disease to pass. We can then re-occupy areas worth inhabiting and re-establish agriculture on a small local scale.

Given the path of oppression we are currently on, ^^THIS^^ seems preferable to me.

Don't fear the reaper...just get out his way and let him work.

Tack
Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #7

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Which is why we stockpile ammo and have alliances already formed for our "bug out" groups.

It's also why I live in the PNW and in the shadow of some very tough country. Our machiato sipping tender foots would not make it to the foothills let alone into the mountains.

Those of us who can survive, will wait 3 months, which should be ample time for the dependent souls to perish and the decomp/disease to pass. We can then re-occupy areas worth inhabiting and re-establish agriculture on a small local scale.

Given the path of oppression we are currently on, ^^THIS^^ seems preferable to me.

Don't fear the reaper...just get out his way and let him work.

Tack
^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^
I know a few places I will stay away from and the few people going with us have skills that I and others do not ,I would consider myself a jack of most trades, from construction ,engine building , farming , metal working , electrical ,hunter , butcher, archer and marksman. Now bring something else to the table that we dont have an you will probably make it in . Otherwise move on or you could be dinner
Oh one more, I have slingshot skills like no other

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5504 Times on 2873 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Im calling the A-Team. Since im going to be the only one to do it they will show up and build me a moonrocket out plywood and legos

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #9

Liked 4715 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Im calling the A-Team. Since im going to be the only one to do it they will show up and build me a moonrocket out plywood and legos
Jon is stuck with the A Team because I've already got dibbs on McGuyver! He's building me a Mars lander out of cotex, paperclips, and my old refrigerator...
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #10

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Yea for about 5 sec.
image-1249806300.jpg