Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/who-will-you-call-when-emp-shuts-down-u-s-69745/)

Bigcountry02 08-06-2012 05:43 AM

Who will you call when EMP shuts down U.S.?

If anyone has read the book "One Second After", here is an article that is another eye opener. Remember we have had two warnings already in the last two months - power disruptions from mother nature:

Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas

India

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/whom-will-you-call-when-emp-shuts-down-u-s/

Experts on a panel assembled by Florida-based The United West have warned that the aftermath of an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) attack would be devastating on the United States, with up to 90 percent of the population dead or dying.

According to Fritz Ermarth, chairman of the National Intelligence Council, A significant EMP event would bring about the prompt and early delayed death of millions of people.

dog2000tj 08-06-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

In what has been called an “Electronic Armageddon,” an EMP strike delivered from a single bomb would result in the United States losing two-thirds to 90 percent of its population within six months of the event.

I find this statement hard to believe :cool: ... 2/3'ds to 90% of US citizens require electronics to survive today? :confused:

HockaLouis 08-06-2012 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 894641)
I find this statement hard to believe :cool: ... 2/3'ds to 90% of US citizens require electronics to survive today? :confused:

I wouldn't call anyone 'cause the phones wouldn't be workin'.

The refrigerator is the most important invention of the 20th C.

Transportation is kinda useful too. Reginald Denny thinks that, with the traffic lights not working in all the urban areas, darnit, the all-important subsidized truckloads just won't get there anymore...

lbwar15 08-06-2012 11:51 AM

Well one thing is for sure. All these anti gun, no hunting fruit smoothies will be the first to go. It will just make things easier on us.

PanBaccha 08-06-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15 (Post 894679)
Well one thing is for sure. All these anti gun, no hunting fruit smoothies will be the first to go. It will just make things easier on us.

Look behind you. There's a growing entourage of just such people now following you to safety. :D

Tackleberry1 08-06-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 894859)
Look behind you. There's a growing entourage of just such people now following you to safety. :D

Which is why we stockpile ammo and have alliances already formed for our "bug out" groups.

It's also why I live in the PNW and in the shadow of some very tough country. Our machiato sipping tender foots would not make it to the foothills let alone into the mountains.

Those of us who can survive, will wait 3 months, which should be ample time for the dependent souls to perish and the decomp/disease to pass. We can then re-occupy areas worth inhabiting and re-establish agriculture on a small local scale.

Given the path of oppression we are currently on, ^^THIS^^ seems preferable to me.

Don't fear the reaper...just get out his way and let him work.

Tack

purehavoc 08-06-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 894872)
Which is why we stockpile ammo and have alliances already formed for our "bug out" groups.

It's also why I live in the PNW and in the shadow of some very tough country. Our machiato sipping tender foots would not make it to the foothills let alone into the mountains.

Those of us who can survive, will wait 3 months, which should be ample time for the dependent souls to perish and the decomp/disease to pass. We can then re-occupy areas worth inhabiting and re-establish agriculture on a small local scale.

Given the path of oppression we are currently on, ^^THIS^^ seems preferable to me.

Don't fear the reaper...just get out his way and let him work.

Tack

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^
I know a few places I will stay away from and the few people going with us have skills that I and others do not ,I would consider myself a jack of most trades, from construction ,engine building , farming , metal working , electrical ,hunter , butcher, archer and marksman. Now bring something else to the table that we dont have an you will probably make it in . Otherwise move on or you could be dinner ;)
Oh one more, I have slingshot skills like no other :D

JonM 08-06-2012 07:01 PM

Im calling the A-Team. Since im going to be the only one to do it they will show up and build me a moonrocket out plywood and legos

Tackleberry1 08-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 894972)
Im calling the A-Team. Since im going to be the only one to do it they will show up and build me a moonrocket out plywood and legos

Jon is stuck with the A Team because I've already got dibbs on McGuyver! He's building me a Mars lander out of cotex, paperclips, and my old refrigerator...:D

lbwar15 08-06-2012 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Yea for about 5 sec.