When SHTF - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > When SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
BTW...I am NOT attacking or flaming the OP.

I am using "YOU" as a general, not a specific.

I am likewise not trying to be dickish...I am just trying to be a pragmatist, and put some things to truly think about.
This is what a forum is to do. Put things out in the open, so we the people can discuss it.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Truth. I also have the feeling that the vast majority of upper echelon military commanders would stage a coup rather than violate their oath to the Constitution by following illegal and imoral orders. (MacArthur not withstanding when he pulled his BS with the WWI vets).
I agree. I think a realistic concern, as has in the past, more of it in the future, the gray area between US Constitution, congress enacted legislation, executive orders, and the supreme and lower court decisions......may fog the decisions of many in our government and military. Could the military become so engrossed with those commanders who serve for the pleasure of a president, rather than for the people, and therefore become the majority of the leadership?!?!

Still, I think we are OK at the moment, with a lot of good faithful American Red Blooded commanders and troops......and I am reminded of the fact that without the troops following, the commanders have nothing to command, good or bad!

Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix

I agree. I think a realistic concern, as has in the past, more of it in the future, the gray area between US Constitution, congress enacted legislation, executive orders, and the supreme and lower court decisions......may fog the decisions of many in our government and military. Could the military become so engrossed with those commanders who serve for the pleasure of a president, rather than for the people, and therefore become the majority of the leadership?!?!

Still, I think we are OK at the moment, with a lot of good faithful American Red Blooded commanders and troops......and I am reminded of the fact that without the troops following, the commanders have nothing to command, good or bad!
You're speaking the truth. This conversation has actually come up in random chitter chatter with my unit before. Everyone from E-1 to WO-5 to the CSM and LtC all said the same thing. We're the peoples army, not the governments. The day we lose sight of that, we're all screwed.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
You're speaking the truth. This conversation has actually come up in random chitter chatter with my unit before. Everyone from E-1 to WO-5 to the CSM and LtC all said the same thing. We're the peoples army, not the governments. The day we lose sight of that, we're all screwed.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.
^^^^^^ HuuuYaaa.......I salute you and your unit members......stand tall, stand strong......hold the line.....

Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post

See...that's why, no matter what uniform they wear, I love our troops. They still represent the best we can hope to be.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix View Post
Nighthawk, I'm curious where you got your figures, or how you developed them, for this post. Care to share?
You are correct. Only 3% will survive out of 300,000,000. That is only 9,000,000. Not seeing that as real at all.

And thank you and all posting, for your service.

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #27

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

You'll know who puts the kids into the US Military accademies, right? It isn't "the peoples."

Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
You'll know who puts the kids into the US Military accademies, right? It isn't "the peoples."
Great point and I agree......that has been a way, from the start, the cards can be, and are being, stacked against us......

Old 05-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #29

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
It is, however the peoples tax dollars. I don't care what swing anyone puts on it. When i get up and put on that uniform everyday its to fight for the people of the US, and the constitution. Find me a soldier who disagrees and i'll point him to some good reading in his contract and in our constitution.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #30

I remember a line spoken by a Major or Lt Colonel in Iraq several years back (Marine or Army), which was televised many times....."...we are not here to conquer, we are here to liberate". Although that is not the only time that line has been used and it was used way before the conflict war in Iraq, to me it spells and smells the liberal hope of being friends with your enemy.

There are various ways to look at it, but I think we conquered the Japanese, we conquered the Germans, and we are making friends with the Muslims, when they are clearly our enemy. In my mind we liberated the French from the Germans, we liberated Africans from the Germans, we liberated the Philippines from the Japanese. It's rather difficult to liberate the people from their own people.....I think that first takes conquering for a couple generations.

I think career line officers are more for supporting the constitution by a majority, but once above the brigade level of command and support, I think it gets a little fuzzy as to the percentages who will stand the line, or cave to the commander in chief.

Sorry, I think this is way off topic....my apology.