When SHTF - Page 17
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > When SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix View Post
Night, I'm not challenging your military expertise, this is the internet, and we are all experts! I was wondering how you were going to feed, water, and provide medical treatment to a 60 plus group of warriors with only 40 acres? You have emergency food stored. Does this mean you intend to feed everyone with emergency food for how long? How about the water, you have a well tapped into an aquifer? Are you recruiting other than warrior talents?

40 acres for our main camp. There are around 500 more acres of dense trees and small mountains before you get to the main camp. We will live off what we can kill. Deer, Elk, and other game. We will be jerking lots of meat to store up also. We are in the process of stocking more supplies as the months go by. I am sure by the time something extreme happens we will have plenty of food to take care of everyone. It is really hard to stock pile enough food to last years without taking the game around you. I am sure no one really knows what will happen and how extreme it will be. We are just trying to be prepared just in case and after that it will be just adapting to what happens.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #162

Liked 813 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Nighthawk63 I'm curious about your water supply. I would guess its a stream of some kind. Living in the desert, water is always our first concern.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #163

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk63 View Post
40 acres for our main camp. There are around 500 more acres of dense trees and small mountains before you get to the main camp. We will live off what we can kill. Deer, Elk, and other game. We will be jerking lots of meat to store up also. We are in the process of stocking more supplies as the months go by. I am sure by the time something extreme happens we will have plenty of food to take care of everyone. It is really hard to stock pile enough food to last years without taking the game around you. I am sure no one really knows what will happen and how extreme it will be. We are just trying to be prepared just in case and after that it will be just adapting to what happens.
Hope that 40 acres is not very close to KC. I could think of allot better places in Missouri to try to survive than close to one of it's largest cities. Lot's nice rural areas in this state my friend. I'm east and north of you about 180 miles. Nice to see a fellow Missourian!