When SHTF - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > When SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #121
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Wow this thread keeps getting out of hand.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #122

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Yyeep.. i attempted to recover it. I think i'm just gunna unsubscribe tho. This is gunna get ugly.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #123

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL
Let me put this into perspective from a street cop's point of view.

1. The people who MOST tend to mistrust cops are shady anyway. But, they often use "mistrust" incorrectly. If you think about it for a second...to a shady person (whether or not they have been caught yet or not)...they actually "TRUST" a cop to do his job. But, since those are at cross purposes, they misinterpret "mistrust". The shady person doesn't see himself AS a shady person. He/she sees him/herself as just trying to get by. Whether or not "getting by" involves victimizing others "yet" or not...shady is shady. You can be a plumber and still be a shady ****er. Your inherent shadiness will determine YOUR perception of a police officer. I have seen it time and time again...the person who mistrusts and bitches about cops have had begative interactions with officers because of something shady, or illegal THEY did. For example: The guy bitching about cops, claiming the cops "are just f-ing with me"....becasue he's on his THIRD arrest for DUI, or B&E, or whatever. Hmmmmm....if you hadn't committed the crime, chances are you wouldn't have had the negative interactions with officers to begin with.

You EXPECT to be treated with kid gloves and have us pat your ass, buy you ice cream, and be "understanding" that it isn't YOUR fault you got drunk and drove a car, or that YOU broke into a house, or that YOU sodomized a 12 year old girl. It's not YOUR fault. It is the fault of the officer that CAUGHT you. All because YOU are unable to conduct yourself on a level that isn't shady. YOU are unable to accept responsibility for YOUR actions, and even be at the bottom rung of the "decent" scale.

2. Most truly honest people still respect a police officer (unless you're a brainwashed libtard). If you're honest, you are honest with YOURSELF first, and that translates into the rest of your life. You recognize honesty and integrity in others because THEY are like YOU. In the same way that, as an officer dealing with a subject, I know when someone is lying to me or trying to hide something. It is years of experience, and learning body language, and the "tells" of a liar, and their "deception cues". Honest people don't give those cues away...they are straight up, and the officer knows it. Why do you think that a cop will offer time and time again to let someone who is holding dope to fess up to it? BECAUSE...we have read the body language, signs, tells, cues, and we KNOW the dope is there. How YOU want to proceed is up to you...go easy and catch the break the officer is trying to give you, or go hard, and earn no sway. It is YOUR choice, and the honest person has nothing to fear. It is the same reason why a detective will interview a suspect they KNOW committed the crime for a long time to get the signed statement...it goes better in court AND if you already know someonoe did it, it is easier to get the confession. MOST scumbags will lie first, and only resort to a "version" of the truth when they are backed into a corner. Thus, it is the scumbag, and NOT the honest person who hates, and mistrusts cops. They can't see anything other than a lack of honesty and integrity in ANYONE because they don't know what it is in themselves.

So, if you hate and mistrust cops...look inside yourself, and make an honest assessment. I think you will find a generally dirty past filled with scumbag things you've done, but have no remorse over it because you have a seriously messed up moral compass, and don't recognize real hoonesty or integrity.
Azl I know exactly what u mean as a whole I'm OK with the Leo's but certain ones I mistrust due to the things they do or did I got into a kangaroo court and found I was railroaded for an unsafe lane change when I tried to get the video and audio to prove my case it never made it to court and I was forced to proceed without it it is now being appealed if I do wrong I admit to it but when I am accused of something I didn't do u can bet I will take it as far as I need to

Old 05-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #124
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
Azl I know exactly what u mean as a whole I'm OK with the Leo's but certain ones I mistrust due to the things they do or did I got into a kangaroo court and found I was railroaded for an unsafe lane change when I tried to get the video and audio to prove my case it never made it to court and I was forced to proceed without it it is now being appealed if I do wrong I admit to it but when I am accused of something I didn't do u can bet I will take it as far as I need to
See...I don't understand what officer in his right mind would even write a ticket for something as silly as an "unsafe" lane change. At worst...even if I had the time between calls to dick with something like that...I'd probably give a swift, disapproving glance, and be on about my business.

I mean, unless you ran over a dog, a cat, an ice cream truck, and a little old lady...I mean really?

As I mentioned in my post...officers like that...were the ones who were picked on in school, and are looking for payback. It happens. there are dipsticks in EVERY profession...but it doesn't make everyone (or even the majority) who does that job bad as some around here claim.

I don't know...maybe things are different here in AZ.

I hope it works out for you (not knowing the circumstances), but I will assume for the purposes of this exchange you were right, and got nailed by a traffic whore.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #125

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

yes it is a God Givin right Liberty is God givin and no i dont think its wrong that i cant carry a hand gun into a court house or jail or into a school im perfectly fine that those are the only places i cant carry a gun WOOPY! let em come and take em i can be successfulyy wronged o well ill either kill them trien to take what i have or they kill me wich ill be dead and have no recolection of this life so it really dont matter after that point and HELL YA I pay TAXES i Work 7 days a week Factory/Farm Like everybody else i pay taxes But i can still say YOUR NOT ALOUD ON MY LAND!!!! As long as i pay my taxes!

Last edited by Birchhatchery; 05-09-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #126

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL

Okay...so you washed out after two measley years...you don't even know how to BE a cop after two years. It takes that long to make a tiolerable rookie. You let someone else drive your choice, but don't play the blame game and put your choice off on others. It's okay...if you don't have what it takes to make it, don't try to fake it.

See...you just made my argument. As I said...what I typed was just as insulting to Air Force personel as the generalizations people make about all police officers. And YES...many professions are totally honorable...it is the INDIVIDUALS who dishonor and embarrass it. THAT is the point I have been trying to make, but thick headed knowitalls seem to miss that salient point.

My father served in the Air Force for 38 years. He flew in Korea and in Vietnam...so, no, I KNOW USAF are real military...I was drawing a comparison in the BS of the statement. But...apparently, some aren't alert enough to pick up on the not so freakin' subtle analogy.
First off I didn't wash out, and I wasn't blaming anyone for MY CHOICE. And I didn't know you knew me, other wise how would you know if I had it or not to be a police officer. You also said

[QUOTE="AZL
The truth is, I don't know you, and thus couldn't generate a positive or negative emotion or opinion about you on a personal level.

But you sure seam to have formed an opinion about me. And maybe there are people that make great police officers right out of training, just because you took over two years to start putting two and two together. But I will end it there, and I've taken up enough space, but If you feel you have to respond, I would discuss it more through pm, so as not to bore these good people with our bickering.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #127

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I agree........

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
Yyeep.. i attempted to recover it. I think i'm just gunna unsubscribe tho. This is gunna get ugly.
I hope not.....hang in here for a while longer please.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk63 View Post
It is easy for people to discuss what they are going to do and how they are going to survive when SHTF. The reality of it is that 30% of all people in urban area will survive where they live if SHTF. The amount of resources in correlation to the amount of people will be unbelievable. The ability for most people to protect themselves and their families and protect their resources will be about 10% and loosing them and their lives will be 90% unless they have a big group and lots of arsenal to back them up. The truth is that maybe 3% of the population of the U.S. will survive if SHTF soon. Most people who talk about this do not know how to survive the catastrophes that will come. People who live in the country and who have a exit plan and a chosen place to go to will outlast everyone especially if they have family, friends, and a group with plenty of provisions and weapons with people who have experience and training to teach those who do not know how to survive. I am sorry this is so long. I just want to be part of a group that is ready and will be there when SHTF and where I can go and help protect everyone and whatever the group has stock piled. That is why I am interested in a group that undestands that without weapons a group will not be able to survive if SHTF.
Nighthawk, will you please reply to my question.......where did you get you percentage figures to base your thread topic?

I think they are way off, but if you can substantiate them, I would like to know how. If you got them from some kind of study, I would like to read it to understand how the figures were established. If you are going to state figures/percentages, it adds believability to your statements when they are factual. If you just thought them up, OK, why did you think them up, as how many will do what and how many will not survive......as this may have bearing on how, the group you join, will survive through your SHTF scenario.

I don't disagree with your thread theme, although if you specify what the SHTF scenario it is based on, it may have more imaginable meaning to your figures. I agree, those in the urban and country locations would be able to avoid conflict better than those in the suburb and city, based on time and distance......living closer and having less resources for sustained living without normal day-to-day support of doctors, grocery, heating and cooling, water and septic services......and little time to react to the sudden loss of those services.

I would agree those who form an alliance with others and that group prepares with a remote location, supplies and training will have a better opportunity to survive some of the challenges, but based on the situation presenting the challenges. I think, those who discuss your concerns and fears, in this forum, are more likely to be survivors and as far as "I am interested in a group that undestands that without weapons a group will not be able to survive if SHTF", I think you are pretty much preaching to the choir in this forum!

I am a member of a small Mutual Aid Group (MAG). I know they have different meanings to different folks. Our MAG has a BOL, for which I currently live, and for me, that makes it a Bug In location. We have various plans to get other members to our BOL when we think the time is right (or better put, when the time has gone wrong!). Those plans involve triggers depending on the various events which would determine the need for other members to escape to our safe(r) location. We prepare for general SHTF scenarios as well as some that are specific. Included in those preparations are means of defense. Our defensive plans include a lot more training than firearms (read....training=weapons, firearms=tools). Although some of our members are former military, former/current law enforcement and all members are trained in firearms (even the women and some children), all members have something other than the commando type skills, such as medical, farming, building, bartering, cooking, survival/bushcraft type skills.

Because our location is in the country and because we have resources to get our members out of harms way before they are trapped, we foresee a lot more challenges in survival above, beyond and even before the necessity of guns.......and in our BOL location we aren't alone, but surrounded with others, at a distance, who are just as prepared or better, than we are.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #128

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sounds like a solid group

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #129
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Six...I'd be interested in having a coffee with you one of these days...maybe at a gun show or something, to make it a "two birds, one stone" kind of thing.

I am not sure when the next Mesa show is...but I am going to go ahead and get a table and sell off some excess long guns and ones I never seem to use.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #130

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Six...I'd be interested in having a coffee with you one of these days...maybe at a gun show or something, to make it a "two birds, one stone" kind of thing.

I am not sure when the next Mesa show is...but I am going to go ahead and get a table and sell off some excess long guns and ones I never seem to use.
You crazy kids -- if you can't be good, be careful.

By the way, I'm confident they never quite made their way to the Evidence Room, Six, so pass up on any "bargains" he offers you on that date...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-10-2012 at 03:32 AM.