When the SHTF!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > When the SHTF!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default When the SHTF!!!

When the **** hits the fan who will survive? The hicks. No offense city boys but the hicks are the true survivors. Survival to them isn't something they read out of a book they ordered from a gun magazine, it's there way of life. Shooting isn't just a every once in a while thing it's an all the time thing. Hicks have more than a bunch of little wimpy 22's. When it comes to huntin it's not just a every once in a while trip that they take with their rich daddy where they hire a guide with some dogs and go quail huntin or when they've paid a crap load of money to some guy who takes them to his huntin blind and tells them the exact time that a deer is going to walk by. And they don't need a bunch of gadgets to tell them where the fish are. They make use of anything they have. When they want food they grow it, raise it, catch it, trap it, or shoot it. I just think it's freakin hilarious when people on here talk about survival like they really know something because they read some book or watched a tv show. Your going to need more than 1000 rounds of ammo and a couple bags of rice or beans to survive. Remember nothing lasts forever.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Reading books must be worth something. Seems like some instructor is constantly telling me to read a book. Maybe there is something to it after all

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Knowledge gained from a book is only useless if you don't do anything with it until you need it. Reading a book is a valid way of obtaining the knowledge you're speaking of, as long as you follow up with practice to gain a better understanding of the subject.
And i say that as a 3rd generation "hick"

Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #4

Now who's he callin a "hick?" I'll have you know I not only completed my 3rd grade readers, I also gradeated the 6th grade. Got a certificat and picture ta prove it! As fer growning food, that's too much lak work lessin its corn. We's just brew up a little mash and ya'll be amazd at what folks will trade for it.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Im good at troll hunting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread