What's in your pockets?
Okay, so here's the game.
You've been abducted by aliens (or rednecks). After experimenting with your rear end, they drop you off in the middle of the woods. What do you have on you, in your pockets, RIGHT NOW...and how can they be used for survival?
For this exercise, your cell phone has no service but apps can still be used, like the flashlight app, compass, etc...
Pack of cigarillos.
-great kindling, can hold an ember for a few minutes,
-maybe I could work the filter into a drinking mechanism somehow.
-the cellophane packaging can be used for holding things
-there is enough foil to be used for signaling (maybe)
Lighter about half full.
-sterilizing metal objects
-too many uses to list, anything a multitool can do
Springfield XD .45, 1, 10 round magazine
-use gunpowder for firemaking
-the magazine is polished, and could probably be used as a signal
long sleeve shirt
-I could cut strips and use cordage for just about anything
Money clip with cash and cards
-cash could be used for kindling
-cards could be sharpened and used for cutting
-money clip could be used for bait (fashioned into spinner bait), I've heard some birds are attracted to shiny objects
-obvious uses. signaling, seeing.
-If the flashlight finally dies, the lens can be used for fire starting (sun method)
-If dead, I could remove the spring, and/or the belt clip and make fishing hooks.
Cup of coffee (styrofoam) (not in pocket, but I'm holding it now)
-Storing items such as water.
-I could have many other uses, but would keep it for holding water.
-has a compass
-has a flashlight
-I have a few animal calls on an app. I could try to lure a small animal in, then kill it.
That's what I've got. how bout you?
You have POCKETS? At the moment, you are one up on me. :D
Yeah, I'm not wearing pants. The internet is best browsed in boxers.
Right now i am at work so...
Glock 17, with 17 rounds.
- As stated already, powder for a fire
My wallet and keys
- I have a chain that could be used for holding food in a tree
- The random pieces of paper for a fire
- Debit card for ??
- Could be used for many things
- There is a compass, a flashlight and a couple other random apps that really wouldnt help out without an internet connection
My cigaretts and lighter
- Smoking will always calm me down
Saftey glasses, ear plugs, pen and my gloves and my radio with a mic
- Taking notes of landmarks and or water sources, where i found food
- Gloves for handiling hot things
- The radio could possibly be used for contact
- Dont know if this will count but if a cup is in your hand i always have my tool bag on me at work. Basic tools, hammer, channel locks, vice grips, screw drivers, poly airline, epoxy putty, cresent wrenches, punches, brass scrapers, allen wrenches, flashlight, electrical tape, zip ties etc... Could be used for everything.
Will be back soon to add. Have to go back to work again.
You just made me think of something. My iphone could be used for typing notes on, and taking photos for landmark references, etc...
Here is my micro Maxpedition pocket pack in my rear pocket.
2. AAA flashlight (extra batteries in pouch)
3. 18 inch USB cable
4. Lil Guppy multi tool
5. 2 LC9 mags
2. Smart clip (cash and cards)
3. Swiss Army Knife
marc29th is ready to roll!!!!!
Not fair, I am in my pajamas
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.