Whats for Dinner? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Whats for Dinner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I keep a small shaker of Pepper and a larger one of salt, and will be adding Garlic.
And does that include Tabasco sause? Makes everything better, its the bacon of liquids.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #32

Smoked trout:

Catch yerself a big ole trout and head back to camp.
Clean that bad boy out and get a nice fire goin.
Find some hickory or apple wood (I prefer hickory)

Boil up some white rice and add in season salt when done. ( I save the soy sauce packets when I order chinese take out and put them in my pack, if you dont thats fine, season salt is mt second choice ).

When yer rice is done put the hickory pieces on your coals. When a nice smoke develops put the trout on the fire.

This is where resourcefulness helps out (I have a couple wire gills from old toaster ovens that I put in my pack, They dont weigh hardly anything and as long as you have a couple rocks or a couple large pieces of wood, you can make a cookin grill)

Smoke the trout for about 15 to 20 minutes. Dont overcook your fish, keep an eye on it but only flip it once.

Put your rice on your plate and season it, then put that trout on the rice. SHTF or not, thats just goooooood eatin!!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #33

sounds amazing...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #34

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yum Yum, BLT's.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #35

We are just STARTING to get feral hogs in the area. NYS DEC has given all small game hunters the go ahead to kill on site with no bag limit and no specific season. They (the hogs) have set up a couple counties over from me. I would love to bag a few so I can practice with different ideas and recipes. I can make bacon pretty darn good I have done it many times. The local butcher shop has pork belly deals all the time. Brine and smoke then slice thick for a good BLT. Especially with all the goodies in the garden!!
Now...I want a new hog.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
We are just STARTING to get feral hogs in the area. NYS DEC has given all small game hunters the go ahead to kill on site with no bag limit and no specific season. They (the hogs) have set up a couple counties over from me. I would love to bag a few so I can practice with different ideas and recipes. I can make bacon pretty darn good I have done it many times. The local butcher shop has pork belly deals all the time. Brine and smoke then slice thick for a good BLT. Especially with all the goodies in the garden!!
Now...I want a new hog.
Im realy glad i started this thread!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #37

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Its a good thread and part of what this forum is about, now we need other topics that have not been covered to show up. Like maybe shelter making, sanatation, and a few others I can not remember.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #38

I think I am going to write a cook book. Complete with stories behind the meals. Now, I just need a good character illustrator to pull it all together.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Its a good thread and part of what this forum is about, now we need other topics that have not been covered to show up. Like maybe shelter making, sanatation, and a few others I can not remember.
Great idea!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #40

I'm thinking Chinese there are a lot of cats in my neighborhood.
Joe-R

Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry!
Wyatt Earp

Last edited by XR750; 08-07-2011 at 09:36 AM.