Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   What is your go to gun for a Emergency Semi Auto or Revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/what-your-go-gun-emergency-semi-auto-revolver-49306/)

CAMCHAMPION1988 10-05-2011 05:09 AM

What is your go to gun for a Emergency Semi Auto or Revolver

Me personally S&W 627 8 shot Revolver .357magnum because revolvers don't jam. They don't have feed ramps,mag springs therefore no failures to feed or eject. The only real thing you have to worry about with a revolver is a
''DUD ROUND''. But the odds of you encountering a DUD ROUND are like 1 in a billion ( I am just going off statistics i read about dud rounds ). You can keep a Revolver loaded forever besides a 8 shots of .357magnum that is plenty and then i got some speed loaders ready. I also got a Glock 20 10mm so this would be plenty of ULTIMATE RELIABLE STRONG CALIBER ACTION.
For a Zombie apocalypse,Armed Assailants doped up on PCP with the worst intentions for you and your family or whatever the SCENARIO is.

What is your go to gun? you got to factor in ammo capacity,Big or small Caliber and Reliability.

TekGreg 10-05-2011 05:14 AM

My semi-auto Browning Hi-Power. I was lucky enough to find the gun that when I point at something, even at 75 feet away, I hit it. It's even better if I use the sights! Seriously, this thing never had FTF, FTE or any other failures and it feeds flying ashtrays all day long. A gun that inspires that kind of confidence is the only gun I want in a High- Stress situation.

willfully armed 10-05-2011 05:23 AM

revolvers don't jam

And teenage girlfriends never get pregnant.

Revolvers experience failure, just not at the same rate of pistols.

That being said, my go to handguns are a G20 and G34, since I keep 12 mags for each. And they are my two most utilized pistols.

CA357 10-05-2011 05:35 AM

My Sistema 1911. It feels like a part of my hand.

7point62 10-05-2011 12:51 PM

SA GI Champion 1911 4" with extra-capacity mag

c3shooter 10-05-2011 01:20 PM

One of the 45s, or one of the .357s. Whichever is closer at hand. Although for zombies, the Ruger 22s work well- head shots.

OzarkRecluse 10-05-2011 01:54 PM

Revolvers do jam. Inexperience would only say otherwise; however, they're a good choice.

If you don't want to sound like a noob, I'd suggest you don't make statements like "revolvers don't jam".

pagj17 10-05-2011 02:02 PM

And I'd also have to say, dud rounds, especially in cheaper ammo, happen a lot more often than "one in a billion" I can't look it up at the moment, but there is actually a prime example of such, a swat team entered a building, perp had a gun, and the officer Pulled the bang switch. *click*.
The primer desensitized because of repeated chamberings
50's yugo 7.92 ammo has notoriously hard primers.
22LR, especially the cheap stuff, fails all the time.

Jimmy 10-05-2011 02:03 PM

I only own autos now-a-days....3 of them....

Jimmy

Shade 10-05-2011 02:38 PM

Colt 1911 for me, Rossi .357 Mag for the wife.

When you are half awake, blury-eyed and your head is spinning
you need to be able to operate your weapon of choice.

FTF, FTE, or other mechanical failures are due to lack of
maintance or lack of training. They will happen, your ability to
deal with them under stress could be the difference between
life or death. The bad guys will not show up when you are well
rested and the target lighting is ideal. They show up when you
are tired, asleep and distracted; they hide in the shadows and
move around. Your choice of weapon is irrelavant, as long as
you are familiar with it, its operation, and can clear it in case
of a malfunction and be able to do that in the dark or any
adverse conditions, like taking incoming fire.

I will add that most encounters happen at very short ranges
the police train at 7 yds. That is the average range police
shoot at perps. or get shot at...