What is in your Bug Out Bag? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What is in your Bug Out Bag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My fiance and I have bug out bags, mainly used for camping, she carries the ligh stuff, I carry the heavy stuff. My bag:

-12g Ammo, .38 Ammo, 30-06 Ammo
-.38 Spc
-Radio
-Fire Starter Kit
-Flare Gun
-Extra Clothes
-Sleeping Bag
-Pup Tent
-MREs

-Mossberg 590
-Winchester Model 70

Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #12

Diamond wire mesh. About $1.50 a ft, from the local hardware store. A -3ft section can be laid over rocks for a grill or stove. Magnifying glass for fire staring. ( Leafs & kindle ) Water containers. Hand crank light / radio. DP knife / compass. Fishing hooks & line. Hooch. ( 2 man tent / shelter half ) Sleeping bag. Binoculars.Vise grips , screw driver set. Socks. Comm gear , batteries. ( Solar charger would be better.)

Family & children complicate things considerably. I hope it isn't needed. Short of Nuclear fallout, I wouldn't leave home.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #13

My Bug out pack-

Large Frame Pack-
Water
Food
Camelback
Wool blanket
200 Ft of 550 Paracord
Gerber Saw/Machete
-40* Elk Hunter Sleeping Bag (Very, very warm)
Ammo

Mt Gunnison Day Pack-
Ammo
Knife
First Aid
Paracord
Food
Water
.38 Snubnose
Flashlight

Old 05-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #14

hello !

i have also a bag every where i go.

at my bag is:

bottle of wather (3 ltr.)
food
an knife (with any help tools)
a first aid box
and a sleep bag

I must apologize for my bad English, because I come from Germany.

greet
9x19

Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #15
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Welcome, 9x19. Your English is much better than my German!

What goes into your bag should depend on where you spend most of your time. If you are in an urban area, I would include a bandanna to wrap over your nose and mouth in case you are walking through an area where there is smoke or dust. Also, include a bright LED flashlight.

If you might be in a rural area, include matches or a lighter so you can build a fire.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

What goes into your bag should depend on where you spend most of your time. If you are in an urban area, I would include a bandanna to wrap over your nose and mouth in case you are walking through an area where there is smoke or dust. Also, include a bright LED flashlight.

If you might be in a rural area, include matches or a lighter so you can build a fire.
hi !!

thanks, i hope everybody understand me.

yes, a led flashlight - i have forget it, but at the bag are two and to my key is a (little) flashlight too.

greet
9x19

Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

i keep a HEPA rated mask in mine (spent 3 weeks at the world trade center on 9/11). also, a good pry bar should be in an urban kit. water purification is a must. municipal supplies may not function and stores will be looted out within day. and let's just assume we all included a quality firearm in our kits.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #18

I just picked up a new Bug Out Bag of sorts, its my ammo bag when SHTF. Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack:

Holds 1 Glock 19 mag and the glock itself, 2 40rdAk Mags in the back, and 6 30 rd ak mags in the front. Very handy little man purse when not worrying about SHTF situations.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have an ALICE pack in medium size to use for my BOB. BOB = Bug Out Bag for 9 X 19. It's a form of slang over here that we use. One thing that I will be putting in my BOB will be 6 plastic jars with broth cubes in them. That amounts to 150 broth cubes for me to use for a food source. It may not be the best food source BUT it will work as a food source when nothing else is available or to augment any wild game I come across. So if I manage to get a rabbitt or squirrel I can save my broth cube for later on or I can use it to help extend my small protein source to feed other people or family members. Bring the water to a boil while the rabbitt gets cooked, toss in a broth cube and the cooked rabbitt meat so you could easily serve six or more people with one rabbitt and a broth cube. Or you might be able to have a couple of meals out of that broth-rabbitt meal for just yourself. I already have my e-tool, hatchet, machete, paracord, matches, lighter fluid and large tarp cover to use for a tent. Tarp material is thicker and retains heat better, in my opinion, than a tent and I can get it in a larger size to meet my long term tenting needs. A regular commercial tent is okay for short term stays outdoors but a big, roomy tarp works better for my needs.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon 173 View Post
I have an ALICE pack in medium size to use for my BOB. BOB = Bug Out Bag for 9 X 19. It's a form of slang over here that we use. One thing that I will be putting in my BOB will be 6 plastic jars with broth cubes in them. That amounts to 150 broth cubes for me to use for a food source. It may not be the best food source BUT it will work as a food source when nothing else is available or to augment any wild game I come across. So if I manage to get a rabbitt or squirrel I can save my broth cube for later on or I can use it to help extend my small protein source to feed other people or family members. Bring the water to a boil while the rabbitt gets cooked, toss in a broth cube and the cooked rabbitt meat so you could easily serve six or more people with one rabbitt and a broth cube. Or you might be able to have a couple of meals out of that broth-rabbitt meal for just yourself. I already have my e-tool, hatchet, machete, paracord, matches, lighter fluid and large tarp cover to use for a tent. Tarp material is thicker and retains heat better, in my opinion, than a tent and I can get it in a larger size to meet my long term tenting needs. A regular commercial tent is okay for short term stays outdoors but a big, roomy tarp works better for my needs.
I keep chicken broth and rice in a nalgene bottle when camping and hunting. It allows me to cook up some nice rabbit stew with dandelion greens. After Im done with the meal I brew up some hot pine tea. MMMM.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW