What Are You Prepping For? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What Are You Prepping For?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Shadamai, take a look at this water filter setup. I have two of them. They're inexpensive and pretty effective. Water Filtration System Assembly | Monolithic
CA I got mine after you advised a few months ago. I am very happy with them. I went direct to Monolithic and paid $32 with shipping. Shipping was $10 at CTD. Thank You.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqu9047 View Post
TEOTWAWKI won't happen but with all the political and social unrest in the world today, we never know what will happen.
Also, for the past week we were pointed at a large spot of solar activity from the sun. Never know what could happen there.
Solar flares, US lowering debt rating, Occupy everything, too much going on right now. I guess we are just preparing for an impending economic meltdown.

Tim

Plus, my wife lets me buy some cool toys to stash in one of my bags (GHB, BOB).
Speaking of solar flares, I am have a astronomy class in school and we just got done talking about the sun and solar flares. This website has day to day updates of the suns activity, if you really care about it hahaSpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

there's also a iPhone/iPod app called 3D sun that has live data and pictures of the sun

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"

Old 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #13

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

For me personally, I'm keeping it simple. Planning for permanent loss of power. No plans to "bug out", I'm staying put if possible. I could get by for 3 or so months with what I have in storage but that's just not enough if things really get rough. (Is it ever going to be enough?) I'm on well water so my #1 concern is power for the pump and water storage. In the process of trying to find the perfect generator for my needs along with decent storage vessels. Hurricane Irene exposed my weaknesses for storage. Filled the tub with water the night before (just for terlit flushing) but the damn thing was empty in the morning...stupid stopper! It gets tough to stockpile ammo when you have a safe full of hungry guns!!! Someone brought up having cigs for the long run in a similar thread, never thought about that, figured I'd have lots more to worry about than my hourly nic-fix...I wonder how long of a shelf life they have...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Get one of these for your bathtub. They're dirt cheap and you'll be good to go if there's a next time. WaterBOB®: emergency drinking water storage

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

New World Mfg - Portable RV Fresh Water Tank: 45 Gallon - Pumps & Tanks - Camping World

This one is reusable and great if you have an RV or are on the move. I use mine in the bed of the truck. I don't know about the roof??????

Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1309 Times on 851 Posts
Likes Given: 2747

My bug out location is just a couple of miles from home it has a well also. I'm planning on getting a hand pump for it in the next couple of months just in case. I've also thought about putting some sort of cistern with another hand pump to collect rain water for irrigation. I think that would take care of most of my water needs?