What would be considered best shtf location - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What would be considered best shtf location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My family has 190 acres here in Southern Iowa and I would move back with my family in a clan type setting. I was raised on the farm and am good with gardens and hunting. City folk are screwed.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #32

painted clown, did you know that you could use a leaf as a pan, it'll only burn down to the water level?, i tried this with my grandfather using skunk cabbage leaves just a tip

Old 06-02-2008, 05:12 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoirier22114 View Post
painted clown, did you know that you could use a leaf as a pan, it'll only burn down to the water level?, i tried this with my grandfather using skunk cabbage leaves just a tip
I guess I don't get it. A leaf as a pan? Like a normal tree leaf? What do you have to do to the leaf? How do you cook with it? ect.ect..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:26 AM   #34

wetthe leaf on the outside, and as much water on the inside as possible, use a big leaf, and put on hot coals, and you can boil water in it, my grandfather prefers to use skunk cabbage leaves as they are big and readily available in our area

Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #35

Quote:
wetthe leaf on the outside, and as much water on the inside as possible, use a big leaf, and put on hot coals, and you can boil water in it, my grandfather prefers to use skunk cabbage leaves as they are big and readily available in our area
you can actually do the same thing with a brown paper bag. you just need to keep the bag wet.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #36

Quote:
Wow, that's a really handy tip. Thanks mpoirier22114.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #37

your welcome, you never know when it could come in handy

Old 06-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #38

I remember reading once in SURVIVE magazine it would be best to move to a small community and be a part of that community so when SHTF you could gather together and be one of them instead of being an outsider. So I did just that three years ago.
THEY WERE DEAD WRONG! DO NOT DO IT!

I moved to a small town in Nebraska and never in my entire life have I been so mistreated and made to feel like I should drop dead on the street. The population says 3,700 and if you were not born here, went to High School here or have some kind of blood relative here, you are an outsider and are made to feel that way by eveyone in the town. The churches are even worse. Maybe if I picked North Carolina or some southern state it might have been different but I am not sure. Small towns HATE outsiders and I am sure my home will be the first one torched by the good christian people of the town.

Now I relly feel vulnerable and a little more than paranoid. I made a very bad mistake and invited the wolf to dinner.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #39

painted klown.....I see you also have that sweet little rifle. My father bought me a Glenfield model 60 back when I turned 15. Now I am 52 and still have it and it still has a special place of honor in the gun rack. I have others, but when I hold that one I feel very confidant. It has the carving of the squirrell on the stock. Such a special little rifle. Thank you for posting the photo.

Dave

Old 06-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #40

Jables.....You are very lucky to have family still alive and working as a unit. I am jealous. Please never take any of them for granted. It is a blessing.

Dave