What will you use for money? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What will you use for money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Been stocking TP and babywipes too. Actually it's almost too much to list.

I still need a good quality bolt cutters.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wife and I have been stocking up things for a few years now. I think we will have enough to barter with if the time comes. One thing we have an abundance of is canning supplies. Think a bunch of Mason jars and lids will be worth anything ?
Of course I do have a goodly supply of Kentucky Sour Mash Whiskey hidden deep in my pantry too. If I can't barter with you, I will get you drunk and then take what I need. LOL
(just kidding about taking it from you.)

Old 08-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #23

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

you know, being born and raised in So. Cali. until I joined the service at 18 and left. I never really though of stuff like this.

I used think talk like this was only for the mental gun nuts that need to be locked away never to be seen again. good ridiance.

Now 41 and living in today's times I have to say s... sooo...sorrrr... sorry. This kind thread and kind of talk has finally hit home with me. It's as clear as glass to me now.

I have an urge to go out and buy enough "stuff" to make up for the years I have laughed at this kind of talk.

I know sometimes we (I) might troll or give someone a hard time, but in all serious, I have you all to thank for helping me see the light. Ammo, blankets, seeds, basic stuff, I can't believe ISHTF how totally unprepared I would be to help me and my wife. No kids.

Now before I go back to being a anti-hunting, anti 1911, pro Glock, sweet guy that I am.

Thank you.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I haven't seen this any where else but any one know how to sow or patch their jeans/pants or shirts? That could be useful and used as trade. I also thought that maybe items such as holsters slings spare pants clothes etc.. magazines also and I beloved that some ppl should form a group with local ppl with the same ideas

and razor blades , shaving cream , finger nail clippers just small stuff

Last edited by SmithKid308; 08-09-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #25
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I still need a good quality bolt cutters.
GAA! Dammit! I was JUST at the hardware store picking up some stuff and those were on my list (in my head) and I forgot 'em. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
GAA! Dammit! I was JUST at the hardware store picking up some stuff and those were on my list (in my head) and I forgot 'em. Thanks for the reminder.
Keep out of reach of drunks and children; i had a buddy who got mad and cut the neighbors' HOT power line with MY bolt cutters. Idiots have crazy good luck.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Bolt cutters are the ultimate master key.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #28
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Keep out of reach of drunks and children; i had a buddy who got mad and cut the neighbors' HOT power line with MY bolt cutters. Idiots have crazy good luck.
Were your bolt cutters lucky or did they melt a little bit?

Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Were your bolt cutters lucky or did they melt a little bit?
They were fine, but i didn't touch them for a while.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #30

Liked 75 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default What is Currency you ask?

going way back to the very old times they had to play fair, a even trade of equal value, you dig a ditch for a fella he reimburses you for your time and labor, currency soon came about because you could digg all the trenches in the world but it wouldent do you any good having that guy just owe ya, you wanted a universal barter item (cash) since you spent all your time digging that ditch you couldent tend to your own life needs you want milk or produce you needed to bring somthing to trade of equal value as that milk and eggs.
one very good barter item is skills and not everybody can do all things well, the bootmaker, blacksmith/metal worker, carpenters, coopers, dairy workers (butter and cheese) and so forth and such, once cash evaporates you have to have a markitable skill,

investing in perishable goods- they eventually dwindle, get fetterd away or can be stolen or lost in a fire, skills are what no man can take away.
learn a couple good life skills and practice them.