Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What will you do when....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default What will you do when....

Gas costs $20/gallon....or $50...or $100. What will you do when the government issues food on a ration system. What will you do when the government seizes the vegetables you grow and what will you do when hunting wild game is illegal?

These are possible realities that we may face sooner than we might think. Our civilization is based on a ticking time bomb due to it's dependence on petroleum. There is only so much of it on the planet and we are using it up faster and faster every day.

Food for thought.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I don't drive and don't need gas heat. My food is grown indoors. I will hunt and fish.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post
Gas costs $20/gallon....or $50...or $100. What will you do when the government issues food on a ration system. What will you do when the government seizes the vegetables you grow and what will you do when hunting wild game is illegal?

These are possible realities that we may face sooner than we might think.
What??

The government is going to seize vegetables that you grow? Hunting will be illegal?

HOW - in the name of all sanity, are they going to pull off that little miracle?!
twmim-hell-.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #4

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

When gas gets to $20 a gallon I'll just shoot myself.

Wait, this is the SURVIVAL forum... Maybe this should be moved to the non-survival forum.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Wait, this is the SURVIVAL forum... Maybe this should be moved to the non-survival forum.
I don't believe we have a bat-S-crazy section yet.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

May I ask what YOU plan to do about it? Other than become terminally despondent?

Considering that this is the same government that recently left a loaded firearm unsecured in the potty aboard Romney's airplane, I do not view them as being all knowing and as all powerful as you seem to.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #7

It sounds crazy to us because we are so comfortable and stable and think that things will always be this way.

But think about it. When the derricks stop pumping and the trucks and trains and planes stop moving...food is going to be the most important resource. People will kill and die for it. If there is any type of government left it will likely want to control any and all food resources. 99% of the US population cannot feed itself without a drive-thru or a supermarket. Do you really think the government will just let you live like a king eating fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and game everyday?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
May I ask what YOU plan to do about it? Other than become terminally despondent?
To be honest, I'm not sure. These are questions I'm just starting to ask myself. There are several possible scenarios for what exactly the world will be like when the oil runs out. I suppose I'll deal with it as best as I can. Heading to the hills with a .270, a AR15, a 9mm, 500lbs of ammo and a tent is not an option I am considering

Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #9

And do you really think the government is going to just march down the street going from back yard to backyard with an army of backhoes digging up gardens??

Sweet Jesus man. Where do you live? There must be 200 homes in this neighborhood alone. All with fenced yards, dogs, most of them with jacked up trucks or Jeeps and a generous portion of them have guns, I am sure.

Over half have gardens.

Do you think everyone is just going to yawn and go back to sipping mint juleps on the porch as each property is raped and pillaged?

And truck drivers? Not exactly known as the "pro government - rule following type". The Unions that represent them, aren't exactly going to just sit by and see all those dues dry up because "the government they put in power with all those donations" just decides it's time to stop shipping?!

godzilla_facepalm.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The crazy sh!t we're seeing today from the government pretty much shows nothing is sacred, nothing is out of bounds for them. Never say never.

They couldn't possibly hope to enforce wacky edicts like that.

Color me crazy-paranoid, but there are times it sure seems they are baiting us into a war. We shoot first, we lose the moral high ground. (IMO, they already lost the moral high ground by using thug tactics to extort money, incarcerate people, even murder them, etc.)

Newest Threads