What are we preparing for. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What are we preparing for.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158

Ohhh fornicate that!!! We got lots and lots of bullets. Eff them commie basterds! I dont think it would ever happen. I know plenty of crazy redneck hillbillies that pray for that day.
Open season!!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

He didn't mention isolationism. Goods imported to the U.S. pay little to no tariffs, while our exports pay big. Why? Because the politicians that control these policies stuff their own pockets while screwing the rest of us. China is buying this country piece by piece. Corporations, malls, parks, the list goes on and on while numbnuts look to save 8 cents at Walmart buying Chinese products that are lucky to last a few months. Factories keep closing, but nobody seems to realize this downward spiral is getting out of control.
You don't have to say the word for the ideas to be considered isolationism, communism, etc. Like Obama, he never directly stated it, but the policies he has and is trying to implement make him a communist.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Oh yeah, I definitely agree that the government needs to show more interest in the way the government is ran and the direction we are headed. Ron Paul isn't all bad, but his foreign policy stinks. Evidently he wants the country to go back to the way it used to be, solely based on the constitution. On that issue I agree 110%.
"Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit because he doesn't come on your property and break your windows" -Chris Lyspooner

I have yet to hear anyone explain why RP's foreign policy is no good. You say you agree 110% the country should go back to being based solely on the constitution. Everything except foreign policy??

Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #25

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The same Ron Paul who says maybe we shouldn't have gotten involved in WWII and Iran should have nuclear weapons to defend themselves from us? Yeah, he's pretty much a kook. Not a threeper, but only a "fivper."

Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
The same Ron Paul who says maybe we shouldn't have gotten involved in WWII and Iran should have nuclear weapons to defend themselves from us? Yeah, he's pretty much a kook. Not a threeper, but only a "fivper."
Look, I don't want to drag this thread off course, but that's factually incorrect. Ron Paul is on record acknowledging Congress declared war on Japan after they bombed us and that Germany declared war on us thus forcing us into the war.

Don't confuse non-interventionism with isolationism or pacifism. RP does not believe we have a Divine Right to oust any head of state we don't like and install our own government. That's non-interventionist policy.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I prepare mostly for natural disasters. Natural disasters can occur at any time without any notice, especially earthquakes. Ask the people who live in California. Besides, FEMA, a federal government agency, urges us to prepare for surviving natural disasters. And, after all, you DO want to be a good citizen, right? Any way that's MY STORY and I'm sticking to it. The other thing is that both animals and people have also been known to go insane because of natural disasters. Whether it is a crazy man, crazy horse or insane dog, I stand ready to meet the challenge.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #28

I'm just gearing back up to survive another Katrina. Unlike in Nawlins, on the MS gulf coast there wasn't a lot of looting per se but then again most of us were packing heat and for the most part, we just banded together and in the words of our Gov. "hitched up our britches and went to work!" Now, there were a few nights when I had "remind" a few gangs of young hooligans that a curfew was in place and that they had best head back home of which they promptly complied.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #29

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

I downloaded the LDS book on preparedness. I'm not Mormon, but those guys have been preppers for a while now. One incident I never really thought of, talks about a family that had a house fire and evacuated and were left in the street with literally only their shirts on their backs. They lost everything. Had they had a decent bug out bag, their situation would've been a lot better. Just a thought, even something as common as a house fire...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 03-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #30

Liked 1340 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
Ohhh fornicate that!!! We got lots and lots of bullets. Eff them commie basterds! I dont think it would ever happen. I know plenty of crazy redneck hillbillies that pray for that day.
Hmmmm...... seems you must know a lot of INSANE redneck hillbillies. Is is something in the water? Only the insane would desire a war on our ground.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan