Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What are we preparing for.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I love u guys, and wanna hug the Mods! In a manly, appreciative brother, kinda way of course...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-09-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1911
Imho I agree with BKT. I also agree isolationism isn't good. But a little more care from the government about what's going on at home would be good. I also would like to see us go back to the constitution. And befor any one says it I am not voting for ron paul. I think if we just do the boy scott thing and always be prepared for any evenuality.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree that the government needs to show more interest in the way the government is ran and the direction we are headed. Ron Paul isn't all bad, but his foreign policy stinks. Evidently he wants the country to go back to the way it used to be, solely based on the constitution. On that issue I agree 110%.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #13

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

To put in perspective; biological attack, EMP, solar flare, asteroid / comet impact, HN51, avian flues, earthquake, multiple dirty bombs, numerous volcanic eruptions, economic national / world collapse, pestilences, plague, on and on... Individually in our own life time the odds are probably low. Taken collectively, what do you think the odds are?

Given the current climate with the economic system and all the countries that just love us to death, yea, I be a prepper

Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #14
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Bkt said it all!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter

So you're a Ron Paul supporter huh. My only problem with isolationism is I don't believe it works very well. If we pull out and try to worry about our own behinds, we can get into trouble real quickly. Economically isolationism is suicide. If we place huge tariffs on all imports those countries will put even bigger tariffs on ours and it turns into a tariff wars, which is very bad for an economy. Speaking by the military and political versions of isolationism I believe in it a little more lenient. I am all for letting Africa screw themselves over, but the Middle East is different. Not only do we have a vital ally there (Israel) but I believe we are holding an attack at bay by being there. If we pulled out the war would eventually end up on our soil, again, a very bad thing.
It just seems like we're doin all the back scratching and getting nothing in return.
How could the war end up on our soil ? With all the guns the general public have I think some country would have to have some big berries to actually invade us.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #16

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158
I think if we just stopped helping other countries and worried about our own problems we could get outa this mess. I think if we taxed the hell outta the companies that moved there stuff over seas so they could make more cash would help too
He didn't mention isolationism. Goods imported to the U.S. pay little to no tariffs, while our exports pay big. Why? Because the politicians that control these policies stuff their own pockets while screwing the rest of us. China is buying this country piece by piece. Corporations, malls, parks, the list goes on and on while numbnuts look to save 8 cents at Walmart buying Chinese products that are lucky to last a few months. Factories keep closing, but nobody seems to realize this downward spiral is getting out of control.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #17

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158

It just seems like we're doin all the back scratching and getting nothing in return.
How could the war end up on our soil ? With all the guns the general public have I think some country would have to have some big berries to actually invade us.
Korea, china didn't have enough firearms for the troops, they came blowing bugles, and in human waves. China has more than enough people to just overwhelm us, and damn the cost in lives.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #18

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

A quick add to my ranting and back on subject ... Imports play an important role in every economy(we can't grow a good pineapple, we feed countries with our grain), but if we quit producing "things" our economy will really sink. What are people prepping for? A solar flare happens this weekend, peaking next year, with the potential for frying most electronics with radiation. A meteor passed close to earth last year, if it hit us it would be ugly. Science has proved both has happened multiple times in the history of the earth. Not if, but when? A year, a thousand?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #19

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat

Korea, china didn't have enough firearms for the troops, they came blowing bugles, and in human waves. China has more than enough people to just overwhelm us, and damn the cost in lives.
Ohhh fornicate that!!! We got lots and lots of bullets. Eff them commie basterds! I dont think it would ever happen. I know plenty of crazy redneck hillbillies that pray for that day.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #20

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1158 View Post
ohhh fornicate that!!! We got lots and lots of bullets. Eff them commie basterds! I dont think it would ever happen. I know plenty of crazy redneck hillbillies that pray for that day.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww www!!!!!!!!!!!!:d