Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What should I do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1075 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

If flying worries you then take a train or a bus. If the possibility of SHTF worries you then you need to think long and hard about exactly what you are trying to prepare for. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for unexpected events but you can't let the remote possibility of extremely unlikely event control your life.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #12

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

You can even check your handgun, if that's what u mean, and wear it in AZ as of a couple of years ago.

Buy some water when you get to AZ -- I think I stowed a multi-gallon refrigerator jug bought at the super-market in my rental jeep last time I was there.

Yes, know that Phoenix is the kidnap-capital of the country. But you are more likely to have the cops in AZ leap upon you from their big, comfy, tinted-window, air-conditioned, cruisers and SUV's to write you the tickets that pay for them so just don't speed.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #13

Location: Flatwoods and Swamps of Florida, United States of America
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Go visit your Mother!! When I travel I always have a knife in my check in bag! No big deal!! Go!!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Go see mom. Keep your eyes and ears open. Watch your back and don't worry about the SHTF crap. If something happens you'll go into survival mode if your prepared. You would want to be with mom to make sure she's ok either way. Enjoy your visit and your time with mom. If your that worried about it and saying that your a teen, get mom to purchase a firearm for her house to keep there for visits and her protection as well. I always check my favorite and take it with me. However, since I can't check ammo it's just a brick until I get to a store or my father's house where I keep a box. I purchased him a nice piece to keep at his house for his protection as well so there's always something around. All this being said. None of it is worth not spending time with Mom. Those days are precious.

No such thing as a "running start"
NRA, ILE, American Shooter

Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8441 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Beast- you know you can PM me (or any of the mods) if you want to talk.

Go see your Mom. As far as flying, I fly about 130-150 times a year. Beats the heck out of driving, and is actually per mile traveled the safest way to go.

You are correct, you cannot carry a weapon (or weapon like things) on board the aircraft. You CAN have a knife in your CHECKED baggage. However, you will be in a different place that has different rules. If it is anything more than a regular pocket knife. leave it at home.

Was in Phoenix earlier this year. Neat place. Now go hug your Mom.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #16

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Flying as others have said, statistically is much safer than driving. I however will not go anywhere were I am unable to protect myself. I understand.

Now, that said. The S isn't likely to HTF while you take a week to go visit your mom. And if it does your BOB isn't likely to help you anyway. We all spend too much time packing bags, or prepping food, or setting snares (if you will) instead of spending time learning the skills that our ancestors used to forge a life.

If my dad were on the edge and flying was the only way I could go see him, I would fly.

But if you are unwilling to fly. from where I live in Iowa in my Oh10 6.7 it would cost me a little over .8 times what it would cost to fly with little notice.

Go visit your mom.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #17

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

No one is protected every single minute of the day!!! Don't live your life worrying about what "could" happen. Go see your mom. So, are you going to tell your mom you can't see her because you are afraid of what "could" happen even in your home state.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #18

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

We are not all bad guys down here. Come on down the weather is cooling off now. Its the best time of the year. There are many of us on the forum from AZ. Once a long long time ago, I was also a teen.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.