What should I buy next? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What should I buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7149 Times on 3914 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

Toilet paper, tampons, soap, detergent, toothpaste...

Write down everything you use in a day, and do it for a few days. You will see there are some insignificant things we take for granted that we really can't do without.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

racer_x Likes This 
Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #12

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

I wish I had not looked at that "chicken in a can" immediately after eating breakfast......gross.

Last edited by clr8ter; 05-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Safe for two guns. The biggest threat any family faces, is an unauthorized family member or household acquaintance, or burglar getting a hold of the guns and doing harm to themselves or someone else. If the family does not have a safe, get one. Ammo should be stored in a separate yet secure place. Nearby is fine.

Don't go too bonkers over this SHTF stuff. The sky has been falling a lot of years, and it is still up there.

At fifteen, other things are important also. Cars, girls, grades in school, part time job or three saving up for the important things on the list.

When I was your age, all I worried about was what to purchase next from the J C Whitney catalog.

It is ok to prepare, but other things in life are just as important.

Last edited by AR10; 05-29-2013 at 11:08 AM.
towboater Likes This 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #14

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Safe for two guns. The biggest threat any family faces, is an unauthorized family member or household acquaintance, or burglar getting a hold of the guns and doing harm to themselves or someone else. If the family does not have a safe, get one. Ammo should be stored in a separate yet secure place. Nearby is fine.

Don't go too bonkers over this SHTF stuff. The sky has been falling a lot of years, and it is still up there.

At fifteen, other things are important also. Cars, girls, grades in school, part time job or three saving up for the important things on the list.

When I was your age, all I worried about was what to purchase next from the J C Whitney catalog.

It is ok to prepare, but other things in life are just as important.
Lol I know, I dont spend all my money on preps I always keep 50% in savings,
the movies are so damn expensive and you cant really go anywhere without spending money. I just want to have some supplies on back up if I ever need them. my dads taking me and a friend to the country fest(cma fest)in Tennessee so im going to need money for that too
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #15

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Lol I know, I dont spend all my money on preps I always keep 50% in savings,
the movies are so damn expensive and you cant really go anywhere without spending money. I just want to have some supplies on back up if I ever need them. my dads taking me and a friend to the country fest(cma fest)in Tennessee so im going to need money for that too
Well please tell that to therewolf -- he thinks you are preoccupied rather than being a responsible young citizen. I applaud you! And as you've already seen, a little knowledge, skill, perspective, planning and investment can go a long way.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well I dont think its been said yet but some sort of water purification. Those lakes will come in handy when your clean water runs out. Also make sure you store your water in a container designed for long term storage. Normal bottles of water the plastics may not last.
As the others have said, bravo for taking it upon yourself to make sure your family is prepared! We need more people like you in the world.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 06-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #17

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Carolina Golden rice. 20-lb. bags on sale here for $6.99!

Last week they were a little more. I don't even know if I need them anymore but three bags fit in a heavy-guage mylar bag with oxygen absorbers and dehumidifier packs so a buddy is getting that Christmas present early with a jar of multivitamins and some oil when it goes on sale for the 4th of July. He already got the meat substitute.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

With all the water nearby, do you have something to filter it when you run out of clean water? And if you have to walk, carrying water is really really heavy. Something like a burke water filter bottle is light and you can refill it and drink from about every pool of water in the area.
http://www.getberkey.com/go-berkey-kit-portable-water-purification-with-sport-bottle/

Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #19

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock
Carolina Golden rice. 20-lb. bags on sale here for $6.99!

Last week they were a little more. I don't even know if I need them anymore but three bags fit in a heavy-guage mylar bag with oxygen absorbers and dehumidifier packs so a buddy is getting that Christmas present early with a jar of multivitamins and some oil when it goes on sale for the 4th of July. He already got the meat substitute.
Where's the site for that Golden Rice??

Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #20

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

I may have read here somewhere that Golden rice does not keep very well......