Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What is with Preppers that are so prepared for one event?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1755 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
personally i see nothing wrong with making preparations for any disasters that might happen. sorry, but i still don't buy into this SHTF, zombie apocolypse BS that some spout off about. IMO, that is all it is, a bunch of marketing BS to sell products.

those shows and videos of people showing off their preparations, supplies and plans are idiots and morons. my preparations, plans and supplies i have on hand? none of anyone's business. i feel much safer with people not knowing what i have or my business. the people who do know someof what i have, are on my short list. and pretty much if they ain't blood or married to me, they ain't getting on the list!

smart people tend to stay low key about what they have going on and keep a low profile so they are pretty much left alone. i know a couple of like minded people as myself and even between us talking, there is still alot that's not known. sometimes, less talk and show is much better for being safe.
Amen brother. Most of the people spending heir money on this garbage would not know the S if it hit them in the face anyway
Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #122
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19853 Times on 11276 Posts
Likes Given: 50043

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Amen brother. Most of the people spending heir money on this garbage would not know the S if it hit them in the face anyway
i have to figure many of them buy things that don't even know how to use either. personally, i probably couldn't start a fire with a firestarter kit, but i have plenty of Bic lighters in various places!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #123

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

I say atleast have some food that will last you a little while, 22 lr, shelter material, if you have to have electricity, one of those solar power layout pads and a way to start a fire that should give you a chance to survive. Nothing is ever gonna have you covered because you never know what's coming, but you yourself give yourself the biggest chance to survive. How bad do you want to live? If you had to eat bugs would you? Or would you just think you have to have some type of food?

Old 01-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Bragging about your elaborate setup just makes you a target for thieves and if the SHTF, a target for the gov't. Plus, in the eyes of many of your friends and acquaintances, it can make you look like a fool.
That's right. Don't think FEMA won't knock on your door or pull you over at a checkpoint and commandeer all of your stuff. A certain law enforcement agency had to sneak their gas trucks in at night with all the lights off during Katrina so there would be gas for the units.

And the Uncle Sams Confused Group (USCG AKA the coasties) kept trying to commandeer people's boats. Including from LEOs and DEQ people who were actually getting work done.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #125

Liked 855 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 519

Quote:
A certain law enforcement agency had to sneak their gas trucks in at night with all the lights off during Katrina so there would be gas for the units.
FEMA can do that? Steal gas from another law enforcement agency? Huh. Nothing I hear about them is good.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #126

Liked 335 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I've seen a few episodes of this show(Dumb Day Preppers for want of a better description) and I just can't believe people are so paranoid about the end of the Earth/Zombie Apocalypse stuff it's just so funny seeing people who are basically scared of their own shadows but are making other people rich off their own insecurities.

Unfortunately when the rest of the world see's these types of shows about this sort of stuff it makes those of you normal people who do have an idea look all like your scared of your own shadows and over reacting.

Sure the world isn't as safe a place as it used to be but honestly "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE"?

The complete breakdown of society may happen in a lot of major city's around the world but those of us who hunt,fish and generally know how to get a feed out in the bush will do a lot better than the latte sipping,animals are people too denialists who'll be the 1st to perish as there'll be no places to buy prepared food.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Last edited by hairbear1; 01-10-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
FEMA can do that? Steal gas from another law enforcement agency? Huh. Nothing I hear about them is good.
i may be mistaken, but i don't think FEMA is a LE agency nor do they actually have the authority to do such things. they tend to use other agencies for their muscle.
locutus Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #128
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7738 Times on 4470 Posts
Likes Given: 9983

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
That's right. Don't think FEMA won't knock on your door or pull you over at a checkpoint and commandeer all of your stuff. A certain law enforcement agency had to sneak their gas trucks in at night with all the lights off during Katrina so there would be gas for the units.

And the Uncle Sams Confused Group (USCG AKA the coasties) kept trying to commandeer people's boats. Including from LEOs and DEQ people who were actually getting work done.
You see, the whole problem here is that while the different agencies are in a fight over their own authority and who has the authority to do what, your average Joe Citizen sees them through the same lens, in that they are all seeking to assert whatever authority they can over whomever they can and get away with it. They get drunk on their own power.

We can't see any difference between you, the responsible LEO (DeltaF) and the other jack-booted thugs who wish to disarm us when a storm blows through town. We can only expect that all of you in uniform are there to do us harm or take our property. And some of them are.

I presume though that you, as a responsible LEO, are going to view all of us Joe Citizens the same as well, and if we are well armed we are a threat.

It is a self-defeating situation at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i may be mistaken, but i don't think FEMA is a LE agency nor do they actually have the authority to do such things. they tend to use other agencies for their muscle.
If they have the guns they will assert as much authority as they can get away with.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #129
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2759 Times on 1899 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
i am thinking a couple of steel plates and padding!
You can buy 12X12 plates for $99, and 12X18 for $129....after that you just need some extra Kevlar and plate carriers...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
You can buy 12X12 plates for $99, and 12X18 for $129....after that you just need some extra Kevlar and plate carriers...
plus some protien and carbs to bulk up to carry them!