What is with Preppers that are so prepared for one event?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What is with Preppers that are so prepared for one event?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Default What is with Preppers that are so prepared for one event?

Some of these " preppers" I see do really seem crazy. They have hundreds of thousands into food supplies and **** but they are only prepared for some crazy event like a meteor strike or a nuclear war. Im all for staying prepared but I'm trying to just be ready for a power outage or something and god forbid something worse happens I'll be better than most. Anyway how are these people so sure that a solar storm will happen or some giant tornado will hit them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7468 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15369

I am a survivor, not a survivalist.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #3

Liked 1910 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 1263

I don't get people like that either. I keep ready for disaster. But not stupid stuff. We have enough food to go a month without shopping if we had to. I have a generator with a full tank of gas and an extra 5 gallon can. The news said that it is supposed to snow from 5 to 10 inches tonight. So we went and got a couple extra propane bottles for the indoor heater. The little bottles like a camp stove uses. I put the charger on the camper batteries and put my power tool batteries on the charger in case I need to use my 18 volt flashlight. We made sure we have 20 gallons of bottled water. That is how I prep. I think about the things that might actually happen. I have had power outages before. Roads have been impassable before. Not really that worried about zombies though. Of course I do have plenty of ammo. But that is because I am a reloader.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

many of them prepare for one type of emergency situation, not taking into consideration of other possible emergencies. they may be well prepared, (or they think they are) for one situation, but ill prepared if something else should happen. many of them fail to have alternate plans either.

plus they advertise their preparations on TV and forums and such. makes them a target IMO. best suggestion is to keep most of your information on what you have and what your plans are private. so unless your prepping has taken into consideration of feeding and caring for the entire neighborhood, keep you things private.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 536 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 165

One has to remain dynamic. I have SPAM, I am ready for anything.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #6

I hear what you are saying Axxe. But I am the type of guy to help my neighbors...as long as it is short time, like a power outage. However, someone uninvited might get shot at the door.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #7

I love spam. But if I prepped by stockpiling it and there was an emergency my wife would starve to death.

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I hear what you are saying Axxe. But I am the type of guy to help my neighbors...as long as it is short time, like a power outage. However, someone uninvited might get shot at the door.
if my neighbors were of the same character as i were, then yes as a collective there is more strength and safety in numbers. but people i hardly know and want to mooch off my food, simply because i have it and they don't, then not hardly. but most of my neighbors are family so there is to be an exception here. my father lives about half a mile away and my brother just bought some of my father's land that is right across the road from my house. there is an artesion spring and a running creek about a half mile away if needed. we have plenty of game around, from deer, hogs, squirrels, rabbits and other game. we have plenty of cleared off land for gardens if needed. plenty of wood if we need it. collectively between the three of us, we have just under 100 acres of land. plus there are several thousands of acres around us that are not improved or inhabited by anyone.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #9

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

People prepare because you never know whats going to happen , who would have thought that tornados would have swept through the mid west in late November and cleaned many houses off their foundations for many many city blocks . I know of one prepper that had stuff not only his house but a remote location , he lost everything . When they returned to town his house and everything they owned was gone. Had he not had stuff at a remote location he and his family would have just had the clothes on their backs . Never know what can happen. Will the zombie apocolypse ever come? Highly unlikely, will a EMP blast ever happen ? Highly unlikely . But stuff like in these photos are real and can happen

img_139228169357621.jpg   img_139163287132048.jpg   img_139232328484581.jpg   img_139238552437251.jpg  

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 536 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I love spam. But if I prepped by stockpiling it and there was an emergency my wife would starve to death.
Then stock up on Sweet Sue canned chicken. It's almost as good as SPAM.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Axxe55 Likes This