Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #341
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11
From everyone I've talked to, including 2 doctors, they are exactly the same as Human approved kind. They just label them "not for human consumption" so that they do not need to adhere to FDA regs so they can sell over the counter. As long as the are made stateside they come from the same place your generic antibiotics come from.

I bought:

100 tablets of 500mg Ciproflaxin (CIPRO)
30 Tablets of 100mg Doxycycline
30 Capsules of Cephalexin
50 Capsules of 500mg Amoxicillin

$69.96 + $12 Shipping on Amazon.com The same stuff ordered from Canada would have been almost $300.

I think I'm going to add another 100 of cipro and 100 of amoxicillin and maybe 100 of penicillin.
Damn... that sounds like a good idea... except Amoxicillin'll kill me

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #342

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
From everyone I've talked to, including 2 doctors, they are exactly the same as Human approved kind. They just label them "not for human consumption" so that they do not need to adhere to FDA regs so they can sell over the counter. As long as the are made stateside they come from the same place your generic antibiotics come from.

I bought:

100 tablets of 500mg Ciproflaxin (CIPRO)
30 Tablets of 100mg Doxycycline
30 Capsules of Cephalexin
50 Capsules of 500mg Amoxicillin

$69.96 + $12 Shipping on Amazon.com The same stuff ordered from Canada would have been almost $300.

I think I'm going to add another 100 of cipro and 100 of amoxicillin and maybe 100 of penicillin.
Watch out with that Cephalexin. I took it once and my throat swelled shut in about 15 minutes! Afterwards my Doc said something like 40% of the population is possibly allergic to "cephalosporins" ( stuff it's made of). It's also known as Ceclor, Keflex, etc.

Good thing about living 2.5 hrs from Juarez is I can go down there and get penicillin and most other drugs without prescription if need be

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Damn... that sounds like a good idea... except Amoxicillin'll kill me
ME TOO! Found out the hard way as a young child. Bad memories...

Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #344

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47

ME TOO! Found out the hard way as a young child. Bad memories...
Same here. Ear infections. What's worse is they found out a few years ago that over using it also causes dental developmental issues.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Same here. Ear infections. What's worse is they found out a few years ago that over using it also causes dental developmental issues.
Yikes. Nowadays I try to stay away from antibiotics unless its absolutely neccessary. I have a really good immune system and generally heal up quickly. Very fast matabolism.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #346

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47 View Post
Yikes. Nowadays I try to stay away from antibiotics unless its absolutely neccessary. I have a really good immune system and generally heal up quickly. Very fast matabolism.
Yeah same here, now that will be a totally different story if there is no power or running water let alone cleaning supplies.....a little scratch could kill you... better to have them than not.

My son is allergic to all the "Cillin's" too thats why I got the Cipro, ideally I'd like to get some azithromycin, but its a little pricey and way harder to get.

I wish all I had to do was go accross the border....then again if I could do that I would probably have unholy addiction to vicodin or hydrocodone In my line of work everything hurts....all the f'n time.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #347

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I pulled my generator out and ran it for about a half hour after treating the fuel. Should be good to go if I need it this winter. Tomorrow I will refill all my fuel cans and be ready for another ice storm.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #348

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts

another box 100 rounds 12 guage ammo 500 rounds .22 hollow points few canned soup 200 pounds dog food and lots of kerosene

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #349

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Yeah same here, now that will be a totally different story if there is no power or running water let alone cleaning supplies.....a little scratch could kill you... better to have them than not.

My son is allergic to all the "Cillin's" too thats why I got the Cipro, ideally I'd like to get some azithromycin, but its a little pricey and way harder to get.

I wish all I had to do was go accross the border....then again if I could do that I would probably have unholy addiction to vicodin or hydrocodone In my line of work everything hurts....all the f'n time.
Lol I don't wanna be a smartass but Vicodin and hydrocodone are the same thing . Well, hydrocodone is mixed w/ APAP.....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #350

Location: Big Pool, Washington Co,Peoples Republic of Maryland
Default Preps

On Monday I'm buying some Junk Silver coins. I figure they will be the easiest way to pay for necessary items if TSHTF. Being an old dude, living in the mountains for many years, I have most everything I need for long term survival including ammo. I'm too old to run so if a stand is necessary, I'll make mine right here where I can see'um coming.