What have you done lately for Preps? - Page 34
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #331
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ablast
just go back from wallyworld,got 20 cans of chunky soup for 1.50$ a can not too shabby of a deal . Got a bunch of bananas ,broke out the mandolin got them all sliced up and trying out my new dehydrator. Never done it before ,so if this works out then i'll try apples and then the possibilities are endless.
trail mix!!!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #332

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

trail mix!!!
How the heck do you even begin to use a dehydrator? Lol. It sounds stupid but I've literally never used or seen one used. When I've killed deer, etc, I've never made jerky. Never really liked jerky for that matter. Lol

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #333

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Commercial dehydrators are about as easy to operate as a toaster oven. Different settings for different things, and press the on button. I used to dehydrate things in the oven though. I just put it on it's lowest setting and left the door open just a crack.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #334

Likes Given: 2

Just recieved my order of Fish Antibiotics, WAYYYY cheaper than the human type and exactly the same, I got about a 5 year supply for 4 people for $80...... 4 different types too!!

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-13-2011, 02:55 AM   #335

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Anyone tried the fish stuff?

Old 11-13-2011, 02:56 AM   #336

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Just recieved my order of Fish Antibiotics, WAYYYY cheaper than the human type and exactly the same, I got about a 5 year supply for 4 people for $80...... 4 different types too!!
Are you sure it is the real deal and of good pure quality?

Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #337

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11
Fish antibiotics? As in stuff like amoxicillin?

Never heard of that. Good idea though. Might have to stock up on that. And some robitussin, NyQuil, Vicks, Vicodin, morphine, and Soma. That could make post apocalypse life just a tad easier. Anyone agree? Lol

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #338

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

Fish antibiotics? As in stuff like amoxicillin?

Never heard of that. Good idea though. Might have to stock up on that. And some robitussin, NyQuil, Vicks, Vicodin, morphine, and Soma. That could make post apocalypse life just a tad easier. Anyone agree? Lol
Especially Soma...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #339

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Especially Soma...
Oh I know. Fell off the back of a BFV last year and had Soma And 10mg Vicodin prescribed for my notes. BEST sleep I've ever had!

"Sua Sponte"

Old 11-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #340

From everyone I've talked to, including 2 doctors, they are exactly the same as Human approved kind. They just label them "not for human consumption" so that they do not need to adhere to FDA regs so they can sell over the counter. As long as the are made stateside they come from the same place your generic antibiotics come from.

I bought:

100 tablets of 500mg Ciproflaxin (CIPRO)
30 Tablets of 100mg Doxycycline
30 Capsules of Cephalexin
50 Capsules of 500mg Amoxicillin

$69.96 + $12 Shipping on Amazon.com The same stuff ordered from Canada would have been almost $300.

I think I'm going to add another 100 of cipro and 100 of amoxicillin and maybe 100 of penicillin.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST