Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I collected everything on my list, put it in totes, a backpack and a cardboard box in the bed of the Land Rover.

Now, all there is to do is grab the .45 out of the nightstand, grab the mini14 from alongside the nightstand, get the bug out bag from the bathroom closet (the wife's job) and go!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #312
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Picked up a 100rd. box of WWB .45ACP and a 100rd. box of federal .223 at Wally World today.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 AM   #313

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Picked up some water purification tabs and a magnesium fire starter a few days ago.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #314
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Slow and steady wins this race.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #315

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Slow and steady wins this race.
Unfortunately, I feel like time is running out.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #316

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I Ordered the Monolithic filters that was recommended here a few months ago. Just received a new book "Survivors" haven't had time to read yet. Work is busy. Putting in more OT than I have had to in the last 10 years. At least I get to be on the internet all day. Bought a Heritage 22lr / 22mag, 6 1/2 inch barrel, for my birthday. Single action cowboy gun and a bus load of fun. They have a great deal at Buds.com on blemished ones. My local shop made me a better deal on on a 1st quality with no shipping. Found a good price at Wally on 9mm JHP $21 a box of 50. Still buying all the #4 and #6 shot in 12ga. I have a lot of 00, 000 and slugs. Added to the first aid. Who knew how much toilet paper? I was recently told 1 roll per person per week. I only have 70 in back up. We have a factory in Albuquerque that makes it and the security guard said you can get cases of seconds real cheep. I'm looking into it. Making a lot of lists too. It is easy to miss a lot of little things. I sure have learned a lot on this forum. I bought a 4 pk of 8gb thumb drives and am filling them up. We may have uncle sam take the internet away but I will have archives and I print a lot. Many binders over flowing. Stand ready my friends and remember Jack Daniels old #7 is the universal ticket through every check point in the world. Be Safe

Old 11-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #317
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Unfortunately, I feel like time is running out.
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to upshift a bit. I think the next year through the elections will be very interesting and ugly too.

I've mostly been filling in holes, my major stuff is pretty good to go.

BTW, if the internet goes down, and I believe it will, good ol' books will be like gold. Some decent gun manuals will be valuable to have. I have the "Gun Digest" manuals on rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers. I also have some books on first aid and basic self reliance books. I think they will be invaluable.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #318

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to upshift a bit. I think the next year through the elections will be very interesting and ugly too.

I've mostly been filling in holes, my major stuff is pretty good to go.

BTW, if the internet goes down, and I believe it will, good ol' books will be like gold. Some decent gun manuals will be valuable to have. I have the "Gun Digest" manuals on rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers. I also have some books on first aid and basic self reliance books. I think they will be invaluable.
+1 You are so right. I good collection of written material, will be so important.

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #319

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

I just bought a used motorhome and ordered a solar panel and controller(I will get more panels later 1st is a test). If the grid goes down I no access to water at home so I have to leave. Got several spots picked out that are within 20 miles on back roads. Guns/ammo covered and food is a steady add on.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #320

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I researched plans for a DIY CO2 scrubber!

People get the government they deserve.