Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
There is an active pro Second Amendment community in California. It's just that we're under such constant assault that there's never any time to enjoy defeating legislation. Every time we win one, they come back with four more.
Well I'd say after hearing about ccw there that they're losing. I guess it just takes time to dwindle their numbers.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #252
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It will be a long climb. We're outnumbered by the leftists in government and their supporters in the big cities and urban counties.

The upside is that we've got them outgunned.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #253

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

We live in the midwest and have had some good legislation passed. Parking lot law, right to carry in parks, and now pistol permits are no longer needed for hunting and target practice. Not only that, but we now have a premption law, so what the state sayse is the last word. No more irrascible local anti-gun laws.

As to preps, we grew a patch of sweet sorghum and made about 30 gals of syrup. Also dried several gallons of green beans, shelled beans and pumpkins. Stocked up on seed for "wheel of cheese" pumpkins from Seed Savers' Exchange. And trying to learn how to do stuff, -which reminds me ... I need to get or make strings for the recurves.
Now to build a .32 flintlock to go with my .22 caplock. Then in a pinch we could make powder from all that chicken poop presently going on the garden.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbelt View Post
We live in the midwest and have had some good legislation passed. Parking lot law, right to carry in parks, and now pistol permits are no longer needed for hunting and target practice. Not only that, but we now have a premption law, so what the state sayse is the last word. No more irrascible local anti-gun laws.

As to preps, we grew a patch of sweet sorghum and made about 30 gals of syrup. Also dried several gallons of green beans, shelled beans and pumpkins. Stocked up on seed for "wheel of cheese" pumpkins from Seed Savers' Exchange. And trying to learn how to do stuff, -which reminds me ... I need to get or make strings for the recurves.
Now to build a .32 flintlock to go with my .22 caplock. Then in a pinch we could make powder from all that chicken poop presently going on the garden.
I figured under the Obamanation things wouldn't look so good for us.

I've used stump remover for kno3 but never chicken crap! Whatever works, sounds like something I need to try.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #255

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If they start cracking down on nitrates, I guess they'll have to register chickens.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #256
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I picked up more canned goods yesterday. I also stocked up more TP and paper towels. Now I need to hit a Costco or Sam's Club to buy some rice, beans, sugar and salt in bulk.

We're at the point where we've acquired most everything we may need, so it's time to buy more food and pick up convenience items.

I realized I need a hand air pump and I still haven't bought bolt cutters. I've only found cheap Chinese made crap. I want a stout 36" bolt cutters for a master key if necessary and a spare Silcock Key.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #257

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Picked up a couple more boxes of CCI Mini-Mags and a box of 38+P and .357's. Filled 2 gas cans for storage and topped off the Jeep while I was at it. Got another bottle of lamp oil. That's it. I just get a little at a time.

OC

"magbum"

Old 10-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #258

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I picked up more canned goods yesterday. I also stocked up more TP and paper towels. Now I need to hit a Costco or Sam's Club to buy some rice, beans, sugar and salt in bulk.

We're at the point where we've acquired most everything we may need, so it's time to buy more food and pick up convenience items.

I realized I need a hand air pump and I still haven't bought bolt cutters. I've only found cheap Chinese made crap. I want a stout 36" bolt cutters for a master key if necessary and a spare Silcock Key.
These are the bolt cutters I am getting. Reviews are good enough for me.
Amazon.com: HKPorter 0190AC 24-Inch General Purpose Center Cut Bolt Cutter: Home Improvement

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #259
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the link FG. Those sound like what I'm looking for. The cheaply made ones I've seen have thin tubing for handles and would probably bend on the first use.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #260

Just ordered a Ruger SP101, should be here Friday.