What have you done lately for Preps? - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

I spent another $100 on:

A Swiss Volcano Bottle & Stove set, 2x surplus gel fuel w/stove (sterno type), a WaterBOB, Gamma Seal bucket lid and a set of German Gore-Tex Flecktarn wet weather Parka and Bibs.

The other day I ordered some stuff on Ebay for $22 (For all this crap-all coming from china, shipping included but for this price I'll gamble):

Solar Battery Charger device w/ USB and DC outputs and built in battery, another solar charger w/ built in battery-LED light-am/fm radio and usb/dc outputs, 6x AA rechargeables, 6x AAA rechargeables, USB LED light, USB AA/AAA charger.

I don't have pictures of these yet they are in transit.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #202
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's excellent Gonzo. Just use Mylar bags in those H.D. buckets. They're not food grade.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-14-2011, 02:32 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
That's excellent Gonzo. Just use Mylar bags in those H.D. buckets. They're not food grade.
Yeah I know, already done a bunch. I'm going to wait two weeks and get the bags and O2 absorbers and more rice and beans to put in them. Spent too much this paycheck already

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #204
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's easy to do, isn't it?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-14-2011, 03:47 AM   #205

Quote:
It's easy to do, isn't it?
Seems like pretty much anything I do is like that

Old 08-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #206
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I almost forgot... I added eight cases of water this week. 24 liter bottles per case. I also picked up two new mags from CDNN for the PA63.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #207

Quote:
I almost forgot... I added eight cases of water this week. 24 liter bottles per case. I also picked up two new mags from CDNN for the PA63.
I think this weekend's spending spree put me in a more comfortable place with my preps so I can start making smaller weekly purchases like what you just got. And then I can focus on saving for the bigger ticket items.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 AM   #208
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The water was Nestle purified water and I picked it up at CVS for $2.77 a case, the mags with shipping came to just under fifty bucks.

I pretty much have most of the basics, so what I'm doing now is buying more food to extend our time of self sufficiency and supplementing the miscellaneous stuff. I am also reacquiring the ammunition I sold off last Winter when times were tough.

I consolidated calibers a couple of years ago to cut costs and make it easier to acquire if tough times hit. I stock .30-06 and .223/5.56 for rifles and have .22LR for my 10/22.

I've got .45ACP and 9x18 for pistols. I also have some .38 & .357 put away for when I replace my .357.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #209

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I picked up some spare wicks for the hurrican lamps and a bottle of liquid parrafin to fuel them. I've never used the liquid parrafin, but I read in a forum somewhere that is burns a lot cleaner than regular lamp oil of kerosene.
I also bought a 250 round value pack of .45acp for under my 1911.

I need to get a few spare mags for the 1911, I only have the two that came with it.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #210
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Dangit! Spare lamp wicks. That has to go on my list. It just never ends does it?