What have you done lately for Preps? - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What have you done lately for Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
Well, the way things are going in this country at this time, I think I have decided on which firearms will go in the bug-out gear. Along with everything else we have set aside, here we go.

Mini-14, 1000 rounds of ammo for SD and medium sized game.

18" 870 Magnum Folder for SD and small game and minimum 500 rounds of various ammo.

Para P-14 for SD and 1000 rounds of ammo.

Ruger MK-11 Government and 5000 rounds of ammo for small game and plinking to break the boredome at times.
Is this bug out or bug in? 'Cause dat a LOT o' weight. Not counting the shotgun ammo that's somewhere in the order of 100 pounds of ammo alone.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #172

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Hello all, I kinda went the other way?

Hello all, RON L here

I kinda went the opposite way from MasterP

I worked more on my Garden Progress, I adid add a few 22LR Shooters 1 in a Bolt action, as well asa SA Revolveer that can shoot 22LR as well as Magnum, a few boxes more of ammo for them, as I feel have my Main Firearsm for serious social threats covered, I saw us lacking on the 22 game getting side? I also added a few weeks ago, a Gamo Hunter .177 Pellet rifle and 1000 Pellets with a goo scope and have neteted a few Bunnies with it! Bug out, Bug In, your all gonna have to see what works for ya weight and $ wise? No matter what ya do, you will have holes somewhere?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #173

Liked 92 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
Is this bug out or bug in? 'Cause dat a LOT o' weight. Not counting the shotgun ammo that's somewhere in the order of 100 pounds of ammo alone.
This is for a sustained stay bug out packed in by 4X4 with all the other gear and supplies. Bugging out is a last resort, as we already live in a very rural desert area and can protect and defend from the city asswipes if necessary.

Jim........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 07-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #174
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

For some of us "Bug Out" ain't far from the house. If I have to abandon the house I can haul everything I need a short distance to a hidey-hole in one of many nearby canyons that has natural water where I can hunker down for as long as I want. That would be a very serious SHTF situation, but still in the contingency plan. A few of the neighbors know about some of these places, and none of those few know about some of the ones I do.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #175

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
This is for a sustained stay bug out packed in by 4X4 with all the other gear and supplies. Bugging out is a last resort, as we already live in a very rural desert area and can protect and defend from the city asswipes if necessary.

Jim........
Aha! I figured as much, but you know I had to ask! lol

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I bought two Monolith water filter setups a while back and they just sat. They each use two 5 gallon food safe buckets & lids. So I finally washed the buckets with hot soapy water and they are now full of bleach and water for their final cleaning. Next, I will drill them and set them up to be ready to go if necessary.

I also want to pick up several more "Aquatainers". They hold seven gallons of water and I only have three. I'd like to have ten as the budget allows.

I also need to pick up more propane for the camp stove and some assorted odds and ends.

I add non perishable food as I can when grocery shopping.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #177

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

CA I want to get at least 1 of the mono water filter sets. Let us know how easy it goes together. Anyone have a low cost source for them? With hunting season around the corner the cans of propane and lots of hunting and camping stuff will be going on sale. Expect a lot of loss leaders to lure you in. These are the best deals. Called loss leaders because the store takes a loss on them to get you to shop there. SportsMans Warehouse and WalMart have some great deals on shotgun shells right now. Bird season is around the corner. You will know the sale is on when you see the boxes of clay pigeons (disks) stacked high. I don't know why but I have such a fever burning to get all my survival gear in house ASAP. Took my sister and Sister-in-law out to the range and had shooting class this weekend. AK47 with 75 rd drums, Mosin (love that yellow ball of fire), 22mag rifle, 12ga, 45, 40, 9mm, and Buckmark 22lr. I have 2 more good shooters on my team now. They are anxious to buy their own guns now. Sis-in-law found pink AK47 at Royal Tiger. Such a sense of urgency.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #178
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I bought mine directly from the source:

A Practical, Life-Sustaining Water Filter | Monolithic
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #179
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default And don't forget......

I'm settin here thinking what I need the most besides guns and ammo. Hook lines, and sinkers, being from the swamps it will get you food every day...... most of the lead will come from those that try to take what ain't thiers......

Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #180

Likes Given: 2

Got some cheopo extras for the B.O.B. on EBay, got a couple solar powered l.e.d. lights(.85 cents each), a pocket wire rope saw($1.79), some spare flint/steel firestarters($1.29 each), solar powered battery/cell/mp3 charger, about the size of an ipod with fold out panels ($8.99)folding hunting knife a double blade one is a saw with a gut hook and the other a harf serrated drop point ($7) Folding 12" fillet knife($11) survival whistle w thermometer and compass ($1.29)

I also bought some quikclot($11) 100pk emergency candles ($35) 10 boxes of W.P. matches ($6)

I also paid off my car this month so I now have an extra $350/month to sink into preps and gun stuff........its gonna be like x-mas every month

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST