What goes in/on your B.O.B?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What goes in/on your B.O.B?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What goes in/on your B.O.B?

Im curious to see what ya'll put in your bug out bags and share with me some of the most important items that should go in there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Change of clothes( pants, socks shirt chonies) a pair of thermals and a balaclava ( shtf in cold weather too)
I keep a couple cans of tuna, some power bars and three bottles of water. A knife, a small hatchet and a sharpening stone. A small pair of binos, a small medikit, lighter, a box of .40SW, emergency blanket and poncho. Attached is a fleece sleeping bag, and a single tent both strap to the bottom and are very light.
image-1722020974.jpg  

Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
Change of clothes( pants, socks shirt chonies) a pair of thermals and a balaclava ( shtf in cold weather too)
I keep a couple cans of tuna, some power bars and three bottles of water. A knife, a small hatchet and a sharpening stone. A small pair of binos, a small medikit, lighter, a box of .40SW, emergency blanket and poncho. Attached is a fleece sleeping bag, and a single tent both strap to the bottom and are very light.
Awsome. Very helpfull. Thank you,

Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
What are your thoughts on a tube tent to through in there?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Mine is more of a get home bag. It will work as a BOB for a short duration emergency too. I have first aid supplies, including immodium and pain relievers, change of clothes, extra socks, Mountain House breakfast and dinner meals, a couple ways to start fire, a couple of survival blankets, flashlight, compact binos, lensatic compass, water filter and bottle, Mainstay food bars, and more.
One of the most adaptable things in my bag is a military casualty blanket. It is made tougher than a poncho with grommets on the edges and reflective mylar on one side. Dave Canterbury has made a video of an improvised shelter using one (or two?) of these.

If I were to rely on this as my go to BOB it would weigh more than I could comfortable carry with the ammo and food I would want to take. I would have to also carry extra for my petite wife who wouldn't be able to carry a heavy pack.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12312

What are your thoughts on a tube tent to through in there?
Pretty much what it is. It is the orange thing. Behind that under the bag itself is a sleeping bag rolled in a tarp.
image-1478441909.jpg  

Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #7

Quote:

Pretty much what it is. It is the orange thing. Behind that under the bag itself is a sleeping bag rolled in a tarp.
Thanks guys.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For living well I need a Coffee pot, coffee, coffee cup, splenda, Bailies, Water, Bucket and filter, clean wool socks, couple of guns *(My guns rotate as I go to the range) and a lot of ammo and some snacks and quality toilet paper. For survival, all the other stuff that is mentioned for a bag. I'm not climbing Mt Everest so I just KISS. Resources are everywhere and out 25 miles beyond a urban area. Real estate signs make a nice shelter as do political signs. So many are plywood.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1881 Times on 1209 Posts
Likes Given: 4206

Pretty much the same as everyone else, but also a canteen with a metal cup for cooking or boiling water. A stainless bowl for cooking or whatever. A tarp and paracord for shelter rather than a tent. A good machete. Fish hooks and line. A simple gun cleaning kit. And more paracord.

I keep a separate fanny pack that I also use for normal hunting. That helps keep weight down in the pack (and off the shoulders), and it lets me keep some things handy like a skinning knife, ammo, a poncho, and crackers. It also helps keep things organized.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #10

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

It houses 36 oz water, 6 MREs, a substantial medical/surgical kit with Antibiotics, change of clothes, binoculars, 5-30rd mags of 5.56 m855 ss109 penetrators, 5-30rd mags of 5.56 MK 262 MOD 0, water purification tabs, magnesium fire starter, lighter, flashlight, multi-tool, solar blanket, OTIS cleaning kit, knives, paracord, electrical tape, duct tape, cr123 batteries, 2-33rd g17 mags and 2-19 rd g17 mags.

I think that's it.

I've also got a rucksack with more batteries, ammo, MREs, clothes and supplies.

I still do not feel 100% confidence in my prep.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Newest Threads