Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   What goes in/on your B.O.B? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/what-goes-your-b-o-b-53913/)

Jon12312 12-21-2011 04:20 AM

What goes in/on your B.O.B?

Im curious to see what ya'll put in your bug out bags and share with me some of the most important items that should go in there.

Papa_Woody 12-21-2011 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Change of clothes( pants, socks shirt chonies) a pair of thermals and a balaclava ( shtf in cold weather too)
I keep a couple cans of tuna, some power bars and three bottles of water. A knife, a small hatchet and a sharpening stone. A small pair of binos, a small medikit, lighter, a box of .40SW, emergency blanket and poncho. Attached is a fleece sleeping bag, and a single tent both strap to the bottom and are very light.

Jon12312 12-21-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
Change of clothes( pants, socks shirt chonies) a pair of thermals and a balaclava ( shtf in cold weather too)
I keep a couple cans of tuna, some power bars and three bottles of water. A knife, a small hatchet and a sharpening stone. A small pair of binos, a small medikit, lighter, a box of .40SW, emergency blanket and poncho. Attached is a fleece sleeping bag, and a single tent both strap to the bottom and are very light.

Awsome. Very helpfull. Thank you,

Jon12312 12-21-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

What are your thoughts on a tube tent to through in there?

fireguy 12-21-2011 01:38 PM

Mine is more of a get home bag. It will work as a BOB for a short duration emergency too. I have first aid supplies, including immodium and pain relievers, change of clothes, extra socks, Mountain House breakfast and dinner meals, a couple ways to start fire, a couple of survival blankets, flashlight, compact binos, lensatic compass, water filter and bottle, Mainstay food bars, and more.
One of the most adaptable things in my bag is a military casualty blanket. It is made tougher than a poncho with grommets on the edges and reflective mylar on one side. Dave Canterbury has made a video of an improvised shelter using one (or two?) of these.

If I were to rely on this as my go to BOB it would weigh more than I could comfortable carry with the ammo and food I would want to take. I would have to also carry extra for my petite wife who wouldn't be able to carry a heavy pack.

Papa_Woody 12-21-2011 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon12312

What are your thoughts on a tube tent to through in there?

Pretty much what it is. It is the orange thing. Behind that under the bag itself is a sleeping bag rolled in a tarp.

Jon12312 12-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Pretty much what it is. It is the orange thing. Behind that under the bag itself is a sleeping bag rolled in a tarp.

Thanks guys.

Caoimhin 12-21-2011 10:01 PM

For living well I need a Coffee pot, coffee, coffee cup, splenda, Bailies, Water, Bucket and filter, clean wool socks, couple of guns *(My guns rotate as I go to the range) and a lot of ammo and some snacks and quality toilet paper. For survival, all the other stuff that is mentioned for a bag. I'm not climbing Mt Everest so I just KISS. Resources are everywhere and out 25 miles beyond a urban area. Real estate signs make a nice shelter as do political signs. So many are plywood.

TLuker 12-21-2011 10:43 PM

Pretty much the same as everyone else, but also a canteen with a metal cup for cooking or boiling water. A stainless bowl for cooking or whatever. A tarp and paracord for shelter rather than a tent. A good machete. Fish hooks and line. A simple gun cleaning kit. And more paracord.:)

I keep a separate fanny pack that I also use for normal hunting. That helps keep weight down in the pack (and off the shoulders), and it lets me keep some things handy like a skinning knife, ammo, a poncho, and crackers. It also helps keep things organized.

willfully armed 12-21-2011 11:54 PM

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...l/100_2155.jpg

It houses 36 oz water, 6 MREs, a substantial medical/surgical kit with Antibiotics, change of clothes, binoculars, 5-30rd mags of 5.56 m855 ss109 penetrators, 5-30rd mags of 5.56 MK 262 MOD 0, water purification tabs, magnesium fire starter, lighter, flashlight, multi-tool, solar blanket, OTIS cleaning kit, knives, paracord, electrical tape, duct tape, cr123 batteries, 2-33rd g17 mags and 2-19 rd g17 mags.

I think that's it.

I've also got a rucksack with more batteries, ammo, MREs, clothes and supplies.

I still do not feel 100% confidence in my prep.