Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What do you think when you see the word militia?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default What do you think when you see the word militia?

Cammo wearing weekend warriors running around the forest, or patriotic American ready and willing to defend his / her country under current federal law? US CODE: Title 10,311. Militia: composition and classes

The media loves to put their spin on both militia and survivalist.

This book is like reading today's news and current events. Especially regarding the economy.

Read: Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse: A Novel of the Turbulent Near Future (Expanded and Updated 33 Chapter Edition) (Paperback) Amazon.com

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

That!! Well said.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I think of the FBI, Waco and Ruby Ridge. I also think that we live in interesting times.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #4

Default Just my veiw

"Cammo wearing weekend warriors running around the forest, or patriotic American ready and willing to defend his / her country under current federal law?"

I think of both of the above. My big issue is at what price do these people puck up arms and fight the "oppressive laws". Is it when the FBI or federal gov come knocking or would they fight the local police or sheriff when they come around. At that point do you draw the line? I have come across people in my life that do not believe in taxes, or government law. But they still what to driver on the roadways, get government help with health issues and use the county and state attorney when they get in to the Shi*. I agree that a well armed USA is a good think and law abiding citizens should have the right to have firearms. If Americans roll over and give up there guns then we will be bound to fall. But should be fight this with guns or laws and representation. Times have changed from the days of old. The country's creators could not have envisioned the weapons that citizens can have in there homes. The idea of a gun that would cut threw metal and shot 100's of round in seconds was not even an idea in those days.

Just another way of looking at it all.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The malitia is every able bodied American. Now when I hear that word (malitia) I think of a bunch of red neck bubas that never made it into the military dressing up in dated bdu's playing soilder. That is what I picture in my head when I hear the word.

SI VIC PACEM PARABELLUM

Old 07-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Don't under estimate Bubba though

Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll take Bubba watching my six any day.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #8

I guess I think a couple of things. First of all, I think of the Minutemen from the Revolutionary War. The original militia men.

The other is how I see myself. I was never in the military and I don't claim to be any expert on survival or guns or anything like that but I do believe that it is my responsibility as a citizen to be armed and ready to defend my country and my family from enemies both foreign and domestic. I hope that if it ever comes to that, I can actually do some good. Oh, and I guess the scariest thing is identifying the enemies.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Last edited by kodiak1973; 07-10-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'll take Bubba watching my six any day.
Better watch out, Buba might ask for you to squeal like a pig or say you have a pertty mouth with all that back 6 watching. Just kidding but I'd be real leary when the banjo's come out.

SI VIC PACEM PARABELLUM

Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #10

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog75 View Post
Better watch out, Buba might ask for you to squeal like a pig or say you have a pertty mouth with all that back 6 watching. Just kidding but I'd be real leary when the banjo's come out.
LOL....now that's funny, but I do know CA357 and he would not be a willing or unwilling participant in them kind of Buba games, one damn banjo strum and there would be a bunch of dead Bubas.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”