You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

What do you think of when you hear shtf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 600 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 3135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
what do i think when i hear SHTF?

that the trolls will be flooding a thread!
Thread hell! The whole fam dorum!
People Like This 
Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Not if but when.................

Put a label on Iraq and the U.S.A. ............SHTF..............Lets Dance...........................Hey Osaamy, grow a set why don't you, stop killing soldiers and use the tools at hand..................How do you stop the destruction of citys. Hell even Sadamm new that.....Duh...................

Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #43

Liked 1345 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Obama has sent 275 additional troops to Iraq, hopefully he will put down his golf club and send more. It pisses me off be made america do a half ass finish to the job we already started because he doesn't agree with us being there. I know Americans are tired of war, but we have over 5000 Americans in the embassy alone, we need to make that country safe for at least those people. Rant over...
If I were in charge, I not only wouldn't send ANY troops, but I would tell them, "Time to nut up or shut up", and hang up the phone. Then I would tell the embassy people I sent a plane. Level the Embassy and get on the plane. Done Deal.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
People Like This 
Old 06-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #44

Liked 250 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 360

A plane? There's 5000 embassy employees and I think 9300 US fighting men and women in the country...I think you're going to need a bigger plane :-) logistically, it would be a nightmare to get all those people out of there before the insurgents could cover the 40 miles to the embassy. I wasn't alive when Saigon was evacuated, but I'd guess it would be a bit worse than it was then. After all, ISIS has our stinger missiles now...a cargo jet or a commercial airliner would be easy pickins for a stinger...just my thoughts.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #45

Liked 3640 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 2535

It sounds like it's time to set up a 5 mile perimeter around Bagdad airport and evac. all U.S. personnel.

This sectarian civil war was inevitable, let them slaughter each other and then we'll deal with what/who ever is left after the blood bath.

Last edited by eatmydust; 06-20-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #46

Liked 1345 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Well, you know, as many planes as is needed. I'm sure they could get it done...
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1927 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 829

This thread went from a perfectly illogical conversation about blade induced feces dispersion to evacuating our embassy or fort, it's difficult to tell that it's actually an embassy from the outside, in Iraq.

On that note, why do we need to evacuate? Where's Ricky Bobby when I need him?

Snake and nape, baby! Snake and nape!

Seriously, does everyone remember when these dopey camel herders were introduced to the other offerings in Boeing's product line? They crawled back under whatever rocks they could find or they became appetizers for the damn spiders.

Why aren't we setting these people on fire? There's plenty of oil over there to do it with. We don't need surgical drone strikes, we need to set people on fire who happen to be within five or ten football fields of where we don't want them to be using incendiaries dropped from aircraft flying so high you don't even hear them.

The Marines didn't worry about casualties in Fallujah, they set people on fire. We one that battle, didn't we? Time to set some more people on fire.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #48

Liked 194 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 148

And now back to the thread, watch the movie " The Road " with Viggo Mortenson , that is about as real as it can get.............

Old 06-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #49
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8293 Times on 4265 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
A plane? There's 5000 embassy employees and I think 9300 US fighting men and women in the country...I think you're going to need a bigger plane :-) logistically, it would be a nightmare to get all those people out of there before the insurgents could cover the 40 miles to the embassy. I wasn't alive when Saigon was evacuated, but I'd guess it would be a bit worse than it was then. After all, ISIS has our stinger missiles now...a cargo jet or a commercial airliner would be easy pickins for a stinger...just my thoughts.
Casey, Iraq is a good example of SHTF and what to do if your not a native resident. If your an Iraqi right now, your mind is going in a bunch of directions (especially if it just got hit with a RPG). Foreigners in Iraq that hope to survive this like Gov and private contractors, our own troops and those we have in our Embassy need to be extracted now. It can be done, no its not Saigon but its not much different other than the arms and armament we have at our fingertips to make it happen and fast.

The US Embassy (Former Hussein Palace) in Iraq is our biggest embassy in the world (104 Acres) and constructed and fortified unlike any before it. There is a very good chance it will fall at some point but its a great Rally Point for extraction if your not near one of 4 borders that could put you in a much safer place than anywhere else in Iraq. Our drones, Stealth Bombers and other air assets can put a wall of protection around that embassy that would allow for evacuation of thousands without the risks of staying to become POW's. We must do this, we put them there, we must take them out! Once we evacuate, let the Stealth's do what they do best and level every military and governmental asset we've constructed for them and say G'nite Gracy!
eatmydust Likes This 
Old 06-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #50

Liked 2225 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I live about 150 miles inland. Once every 50 years or so a hurricane does make it here with hurricane force winds. When a hurricane does make it here it is devastating. When hurricane Fran hit I had over 30 trees down in my yard. My yard went from a nice shaded area with slow growing red fescue to a nice soccer or flag football field. We were without electricity for almost 3 weeks. We had a 6pm curfew that made running into Raleigh for a hot meal or supplies a PITA.

Ice storms are just as devastating as hurricanes. On top of the damage everything covered in ice makes debris removal a difficult task. Trees that could be pulled out of the road easily by a sturdy pickup require a tractor or a heavy duty truck. After the last ice storm a neighbor had a tandem dump truck loaded with gravel that made clearing the road a simple task. Once again we were without power for weeks. Getting a loaf of bread required a 25 mile ride on very slick and dangerous roads.

We don't do anything special for a SHTF scenario. We are bargain shoppers. Due to our shopping habits we are better prepared than most when the SHTF. When non perishable items such as canned goods go on sale we buy them by the case. We have a few MRE's but they are for convenience not as hedge against a food shortage. I always have a good supply of diesel fuel on hand. We do need gasoline to run generators and our passenger vehicles. I am sure I could trade diesel fuel for gasoline.

I keep a case of cheap whiskey on hand as something for barter. Whiskey doesn't spoil and it has already proven to be effective at getting the things we needed during a natural disaster. Whiskey would be even more valuable during a long term break down in the supply system. If one had $500 worth of cheap whiskey it would probably prove to be more valuable than $500 worth of five year food supplies.