What do you carry in your vehicle?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What do you carry in your vehicle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What do you carry in your vehicle?

So my DD is a 98 Jeep Wrangler soft top and its too easy for someone to cut it open and take whatever they see. But I always want to try to be prepared and thought I'd ask what everyone else carries in their BOV.

Under my locked hood I have a shovel, axe, knife, whetstone, compass, waterproof strike anywhere matches, dental floss, snare, rabbit steel jaw trap, poncho, SS cup, emergency blanket, aluminum foil, military plate & forks, duct tape, parachute cord, alcohol, alcohol stove & shield, light stick & flashlight, earplugs, extra stregnth asperin & bandages & tape.

I've got a rack on the back to carry two 5 gallon jerry cans & more gear which can be strapped on there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #2

I Have a 2001 Grand Cherokee and I keep A bag packed in it at all time's pretty much the same stuff as you But i also have a small tent, sleeping bag, 10lts of drinking water and a couple of 24hr ration packs.

I recently took a trip out into the country to give it all a try and i managed a comfortable couple of nights without any problems.

I also have a stock of drining water and ration packs at home, along with a generator and other bits.

I'd rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it !

Steve

Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would love to see a pic of your underhood storage on your Jeep.
I have a shovel and an axe strapped to the upright on the sport bar, some Toilet paper, Matches, Flashlight, Fire extinguisher and some assortment of tools(depends on where I am going).

Last edited by 1984cj; 08-27-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: content

Old 08-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #4

Would you guys be interested in some upgrades for your Jeeps?
Things to make them more 'Trail Ready'?

Dual ignition systems, dual fans, dual fuel pumps, on board air compressor, on board welder made from an alternator?

There are the bolt on things like winches, extra tires and wheels, equipment racks, stuff like that.

What about tools, spare parts, tire repair kits, ect.?

I drive an open jeep mostly all summer, and I keep all my trail stuff in it...
Ammo cans with locks or a locking box (we call them 'tool boxes or trunks) is great for what you are describing.

Here is a quick tip, Giant tires are a bad idea on a 'Bug Out' vehicle.
You are probably going to driving known roads, so a huge rock crawling tire isn't going to do you a bit of good, and my work against you if you have to do any fancy driving to avoid people or obstacles in your path.
ALSO,
The larger the tire, the harder it will be to replace if something catastrophic happens to one or more of yours...
Close to stock size is a better bet so you can find common replacements anywhere you go.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #5

So here are a few pictures. Still can't see everything but I tried to take advantage of most all the spaces I could find. Amazingly no rattles at all.

You can stop laughing anytime.