What do you bring to the table? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

What do you bring to the table?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Electrical (house), some electronics, tech-savvy (develop software for a living), plumbing, carpentry, welding (if it doesn't have to be pretty), masonry (see: welding), general physical labor. I'm pretty good at figuring things out.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Carpentry, used to frame houses and such. General knowledge of mechanical and extensive knowledge of electronics. Radiation knowledge which might come in handy for an end of the world war. I can go without sleep if need be and still function, BUT once I am asleep, I stay asleep which would be a fault I guess. And I am not too shabby to look at either. HA!

Weakness would be that I am kind of a hot head....and hate losing....

Last edited by cddbrowns; 07-13-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Week in the Knees

I have 2 weaknesses, the worst is that I have big hands and tend to break every thing that they are layed apon, most of the time. Damn I like my BEER come quitin time.......My second is I don't never say QUIT........

Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am a brewer and can make a drinkable alcoholic beverage out of nearly anything that contains sugar. I can cook and build an improvised stove, I can build a smokehouse and can smoke meats, fish and foul, I have some carpentry skills, I was an electrician (both household and distribution), have knowledge and skills in air conditioning and heating systems, I have done some welding but am best at brazing and soldering with an acetylene torch, I have basic knowledge of electronics but can't fix a broken circuit board without the right parts and a schematic, I am an innovator and troubleshooter in that I can figure out a way to get something fixed or done with limited resources and time. I don't believe in the no win scenario.

Oh, Hell; I forgot......I can catch fish in just about any body of water.

My weaknesses are that I tend to rush my work and usually end up doing it twice or fixing it constantly instead of doing the job right once, even when given unlimited resources to draw upon (Government Training). I am reactionary and will "shoot from the hip" instead of doing some careful problem solving in a crisis.

Last edited by dunerunner; 07-14-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Strengths: I'm situationally aware; I see things that are happening or about to happen, when most are blissfully unaware. I can (and have) gone from a dead sleep to go-mode in an instant. I am an excellent mediator and facilator of conversations. I can bottom line things easily. I'm an excellent problem solver; it's what I do best. I can be a leader, but don't need to be, as I can be an excellent follower as well (provided the plan makes sense). I can lift heavy $h1t. I'm a good wheelman. I'm a good cook. And I can drink what Dune brews. :P

Weaknesses: I suck when sleep deprived (but this can be improved with more exposure). I am not a mechanic (but it sounds as if we have many of those). I'm not much of a fisherman. I wear glasses (they could break or be lost) and I am partially deaf in one ear.

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Strengths: carpentry, mechanical, electrical, I stay cool, calm, and collective in stressful situations, I run well with minimal sleep, I'm very organized and pay attention to the smallest details, my breakfasts cannot be beaten, I make one hell of a brew, I'm an expert fly fisherman, I tie my own flies, and I would bring an up-beat attitude to everything.

Weaknesses: Sometimes I'm very impatient - especially when trying to teach someone something, I'm sure there are others but I've run out of patience...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #17

Likes Given: 2

PRO's; I am an Electrician, I am also very familiar and experienced with most other construction disciplines. I am able to plan complex projects and scenarios in my mind and see them through from imagination to completion but at the same time I am able to rapidly adapt. I fit in almost anywhere and make friends very quickly and am very good at picking out the bull$#!ter in a group. I can make things work, whether it be mechanical or social relationships, be it mine or between others. My frineds call me Cliff (ala: Cheers) because of my overwhelming wealth of what most would call "useless knowledge" but more often than not is quite useful.

CONS: I work myself to death, when I start something I CAN NOT stop until its done, often burning myself out physically and emotionally in the process. If I think you are wrong and what you are planning is excessively dangerous and inherantly stupid I will tell you and then anyone else who will listen and I will not involve myself, I don't care if you are the President of the USA. I will do WHATEVER it takes to protect my son and wife regardless of what rules or laws I break in doing so. and finally I TALK WAYYYYYY TOO MUCH !!! Ask anyone

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #18

Pros: I can build, cook, clean, sterilize, perform most medical tasks, hunt, tan hide and make clothes or footwear out of it, grow food, throw tomahawks, clean water, fix guns, till land, make things functional, use limited materials to accomplish goals/tasks, teach others, and take orders. I also worry about other people's safety before I worry about my own (not sure if that would be a pro or a con).

Cons: I need to feel a sense of pressure before I am motivated. I can be lazy about things if there is not an immediate need. I can easily overcome it but there are times I dont. Not sure if it is because I dont want to or if I am just being stupid about it.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
Cons: I need to feel a sense of pressure before I am motivated. I can be lazy about things if there is not an immediate need. I can easily overcome it but there are times I dont. Not sure if it is because I dont want to or if I am just being stupid about it.
When food becomes scarce, calorie conservation dictates that we do only work that is necessary, so I'd say you are alright!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
When food becomes scarce, calorie conservation dictates that we do only work that is necessary, so I'd say you are alright!
That may be good in that sense but I got kids to worry about, I dont want to conserve calories, I want to be killin and grillin!!
I guess that is good enough motivation.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)