What to do with the squatters? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > What to do with the squatters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Actually, it's a really good question. It's something I hadn't thought much about. My thinking has been more about repelling hostiles.

This will take some pondering.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If you think about it, squatters are hostile, just not as immediately or directly; they use up resources that you will be needing to stay alive or healthy. What if they decide a favorite pet of yours is on their menu; the line between aggression & competition can seem pretty thin to me.

Is that "passive-aggresive" activity?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm thinking in terms of exchange of useful skills. All other situations will be met with extreme prejudice.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
How do deal with squatters? Head shots at 200 yards is what I am thinking.
Quoted for truth

Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #15

Pretty much got the kind of suggestions Id thoght Id get. Im anti-social as it is so if we had a complete break down of society it would not be diffcult to for me to let folks know they werent welcome to visit. Someone made the suggestion about having plenty of food and ammo on hand. Ive been working on that. Decided you cant have to much. Someone also made the suggestion about having large dogs. Got it covered. 2 mastiffs, 4 great pyrenees, St. Bernard and a Newfouland. And of course my attack Dachusand.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

How you deal with squatters is how you deal with any situation when the SHTF. You weigh the situation against your circumstances. Are you part of a tight group that is well-armed and well-fed? Maybe you just want to clear the squatters off your property, preferably letting them live, using appropriate force.

Or are you pretty much alone and in trouble? Maybe you could use a couple other people to work with, in which case you might want to approach them in a dominant fashion, but offer to let them stay in exchange for their help (assuming they know what they're doing and could be of benefit to you).

Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMACK View Post
2 mastiffs, 4 great pyrenees, St. Bernard and a Newfouland. And of course my attack Dachusand.
Alternate plan: squatter = dog food.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #18

Going to have to feed them somehow.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Gators gotta eat, same as the buzzards. And I know where a big gator lives.....

Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What if they have children? you kill their folks what are you going to do with the kids?

Newest Threads