Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   What to do with the squatters? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/what-do-squatters-31175/)

GMACK 08-31-2010 09:53 PM

What to do with the squatters?

A while back I made the suggestion that I wasnt going anywhere as we really had no where to go to. I was suprised at the number of people who agreed with me. We have about 8 1/2 acres which has a pond (water) and wild game so I feel we can live (survive) for quite awhile tilll things get hard. As food/water runs out in near by towns (20,000 give or take) 25 miles away how do us crazy prepared survialvist deal with the unprepared?

orangello 08-31-2010 10:03 PM

How would you deal with squatters currently? OK, now subtract the stuff that other people or entities that might become more limited do in that process. In other words, you will eventually have to kick them out, probably forcibly.

At some point, that probably will get quite nasty, good luck.

edit* Perhaps some large, protective dogs would be a helpful addition to your clan? The shelters usually end up with a few extras that you could pick up cheap.

dunerunner 08-31-2010 10:06 PM

If they are of some benefit, can hunt, fetch water, work the land, shoot strainght, brought their own ammo and weapons; KEEP 'EM!!

If they are the free loading type, run them off!!!

willshoum 08-31-2010 10:23 PM

Squaters= Diddley Squat

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMACK (Post 342218)
A while back I made the suggestion that I wasnt going anywhere as we really had no where to go to. I was suprised at the number of people who agreed with me. We have about 8 1/2 acres which has a pond (water) and wild game so I feel we can live (survive) for quite awhile tilll things get hard. As food/water runs out in near by towns (20,000 give or take) 25 miles away how do us crazy prepared survialvist deal with the unprepared?

You have to look to the Future. Kill every one you Don't Need and can depend on........Your life Life Depends On it.!!!!!!!:eek::)

gorknoids 09-01-2010 01:38 AM

Try to make a deal with them which benefits you excessively, and if they don't want to play ball, shove the bat up their azzez. Beeswax is beeswax, and all.

user4 09-01-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 342379)
Try to make a deal with them which benefits you excessively, and if they don't want to play ball, shove the bat up their azzez. Beeswax is beeswax, and all.

It's a good rule of thumb. You can be a benevolent dictator, but be a dictator. Don't let "democracy" make you powerless in your own land.

CA357 09-01-2010 03:23 AM

Squatters? You just have to know how much to lead them. ;)

IGETEVEN 09-01-2010 04:30 AM

Remember, in a SHTF scenario, not everyone is gonna be squatters...some are gonna be takers and short of being killed, they will stop at nothing to make yours, theirs.

One can only stay hold up in their house for so long, unless you have a tunnel that leads from the house and exits somewhere out away from it.

Just saying.....

cpttango30 09-01-2010 03:00 PM

How do deal with squatters? Head shots at 200 yards is what I am thinking.

falseharmonix 09-01-2010 03:50 PM

Hold your friends close, and your enemies closer.