Weather - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Weather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Northern Cali is subjected to fires every year. Most of them are caused by lightning. They cause sizable evacuations every year too.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 AM   #12

We had an ice storm last year that dumped 1" of ice where some in town had no power for up to 7 days. I'm so glad I have a gas stove. We were out for about 24 hrs with 15-20mph winds. This town looked like a tornado had went through in the winter time. All you could here from sun up to sun down for a good week was chainsaws and utility trucks and now all this rain non stop. In a way I kinda chuckle to watch people freak out in situations like this.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
Adds a whole new meaning to "Those damn dirty apes".
Dude, I'm crying..............that's a good one Jables. I love that movie. Only the original one though, not the terrible Tim Burton remake. I must correct your quote however. "Get your hands off me you damn dirty ape!"

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #14

For those that live in areas that have regular power outages in winter I can tell you for a fact the Mr. Heater Big Buddy is a great way to stay warm .

It can use either the little propane bottles sold at places like Walmart or the big tanks commonly used in BBQ grills .

It has a low O2 shut off sensor and a D battery powered fan built in .

I bought one a few years ago because I was considering camping out for deer season like I did in my younger days , boy did I hear it from wife for "wasting" $150 .

The next year we lost power for a week twice in Dec with 0 degree night time temps and 15-20 day time due to ice storms .

Funny , she didn't complain once about wasting $$ when my heater was keeping her warm in the house !!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #15

Hey Big, you got a link to one of those? That'd be sweet for a garage or barn while I'm cutting up deer this winter.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.