You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Water Storage ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Water Storage ?

My water comes from the city, they add clorine, and floride to it. I want to get a water storage supply started. Do these chemicals have any effect on storage?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Many people will store treated municipal water like yours as is. Rotate it at 6 months to a year and you will be good to go. You should clean your storage containers with a mild chlorine solution to ensure you are storing in as good a condition as possible.
I have well water and add chlorine to my 5 gal. buckets and rotate them out at a year.