Water Purifiers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Water Purifiers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Water Purifiers

What brand water purifier do you own?

Looking to buy one for the next camping/trekking trip.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2007, 02:28 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Water Purifier?

Hello Notdku/ALL

RON L = SERESURPLUS

For most of my trecks I use a Guardian "Sweetwater" filter/Purifier and add a set of Coffie filters as prefilters and have had it for over 10 years , 20 countries, no complaints!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 AM   #3

I worked in a camping store and sold water filters for 12 years. Hands down I think the best filter is the MSR Waterworks. Most people get sold on gallons per minute and # of gallons before a filter change. They don't realize that in order to move that much water through that fast the pores in the filter have to be larger and that clogging is actually a good thing and means your filter is working. A fiberglass or paper cartridge will eventually clog and then you'll have to hope you brought a spare with you. In the case of the MSR filter, it is made of ceramic and when it clogs all you do is pull it out, scrub it with an included green srubbie pad and pop it back in; good as new.

I've had mine for years and it has never let me down. I've had several PUR brand (Hiker, Scout, Explorer) crap out on me during trips.