Water filtration system - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Water filtration system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Big Berkey;
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_7?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=big%20berkey%20water%20filter%20system&sp refix=big+ber%2Cgarden%2C228

Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 597 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 3116

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
I just tried to order a water filtration system that uses 2 five gallon buckets from Cheaper than Dirt.
Guess what? They won't ship it to Calif.
Im hoping Midway will. Anyone know why we are being cut off?
They say they can't ship any of them to Ca.

1. Katadyn Vario Microfilter Cleans 500 Gallons

2. Ceramic Water Filtration System Filter Kit Includes Filter, Sock, Spigot. 0.2 Micron
3. Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter Endurance Series 10" Tall 20 Ounces

4. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Filters Out Particles Down to 0.2 Microns

Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #13

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

The NEW Sawyer Point ZeroTWO filters use dialysis tubes and can screen down to 0.02 mikes. That means it screens viruses as well. Their regular one does 0.1 mike. This is the link to their site:

http://sawyer.com/technology/water-filtration/

Last edited by Vincine; 07-10-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You are officially living behind enemy lines, brother.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #15

Liked 183 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Wide variety of filters on the Internet. Get the ten inch housing that uses a variety of 10 inch cartridges. Camping world has filter, in blue housing that specs out pretty good.
The ceramic filters with charcoal and silver, in the middle, are best, in my opinion. Some are .5 micro and the charcoal and silver clean anything that doesg et through to the inside. Use cheaper sediment filters in line in 10 inch housings to get sediment and some other things. It makes the life of the ceramic filter a lot longer. There also blue light designed to kill any bacteria, that can be installed in the line. It would be after the first sediment filter and maybe the ceramic. You have to clean them regualrily if in water before filtering. You cna get hose end fittings for between filters or to the home. We had our hard installed, in well house. Average life was suposed to be every six months, I changed it more often. The GE Housing from Home Depot is not clear but it has a remote alert when the filter needs chaning. that could save some money. In the event of no filters avialable, the popular play sand filter is good. They are available commercially for sediments and some bugs. A light in the tube after that filtering would do a good job. Lime will still get through. There is no filter yet to get lime out of water systems. Reverse Osmosis does that and get the nasties too. But it require much more maintenance and recharging wit salt or pellets, which might be hard to find in times. Salt leaves sodium in the water and we know what that does to fixtures. Potassium i better but the pellets cot more, but can be recharged unlike lat which ha to be replaced but is cheap and everywhere. There are enough sites on the Internet to keep you confused for a good while on which is and what system you need or want to settle on. Always have a backup too.