be vigilant - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > be vigilant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

It's better to be prepared, and look like the fool if nothing happens, then being unprepared and at the mercy of strangers if society fails.

That's the lesson for the day.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Remember, men, there has to be some fodder left behind for FEMA to take care of in the camps. We know who some of them are.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll just continue to do what I feel is necessary to provide for me and mine. If and when things get rough, I can take comfort in knowing that more mature and wise men will be the first to go. Kind of a know it all early warning system.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'll just continue to do what I feel is necessary to provide for me and mine. If and when things get rough, I can take comfort in knowing that more mature and wise men will be the first to go. Kind of a know it all early warning system.

+10 spoken truth.

I believe that those who understand what is going on will be the ones who will repopulate the Earth with the best of the best of gene pools.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Kind of a know it all early warning system.
CA357 - Sometimes you slay me man. That's awesome.... LOL

JD

Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Our fundamental problems are monetary: United States currency is garbage. Printing more money to "spend our way out of a recession" cannot work.

I'm looking forward to being proven wrong.

In the meantime, I'm stocking up on stuff. If I have it and never need it, maybe I'll feel a little goofy. If I don't have it and need it then I'll feel a whole lot worse, particularly with a family looking to me to provide for them.

(Note: This isn't an Obama problem. It existed long before he was born. The problem blossomed during Bush's tenure, and Bush did exactly the wrong things. Obama is following in his footsteps. In this climate, no politician can do what should be done and remain in office long.)

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
There was a thread on this awhile back while you were gone, or perhaps a drift of a thread, and there was a very strong arguement made AGAINST buying gold right now because of it's extremely high price.

JD
Gold really hasn't increased much in the last year. But several CPA's and radio Investment Advisors have predicted radical increases of up to $2500/oz. within 5 years. It actually spiked to over $1000 last month for two days. The problem with gold is, it's really not worth investing in unless you have at least $10,000 to play with. That can buy an awful lot of other things like food, water, and supplies. I built a small hunting cabin out of local rough cut pine (12 x 16) a few years ago for $1500 and am considering expanding it to 16x24 this summer, digging a well, and putting in a septic and 100amp service. It has a months worth of food and water, a wood stove, and furniture.I sheet-rocked it and put outlets and light fixtures in. Currently I use two 12v truck batteries in parallel and have 12v/40w RV bulbs in ceiling fixtures for light. I also put a exterior plug outside that will plug into my generator to supply 110v if needed. It's on a hill, so I have the "high ground" advantage.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-08-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nice. It looks peaceful.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Nice. It looks peaceful.
It's a good reprieve on the weekends from the daily grind - my rifle/pistol ranges are a short distance away also - so while the distant neighbors may not think so, yes, it is peaceful, especially when the leads' flying!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Currently I use two 12v truck batteries in parallel and have 12v/40w RV bulbs in ceiling fixtures for light. I also put a exterior plug outside that will plug into my generator to supply 110v if needed. It's on a hill, so I have the "high ground" advantage.

I do a lot of forest camping in my RV. I found very low watt 12 volt LED bulbs that can run on battery power all night. They are pricey but nice to have on generator and battery systems.

LEDLight.com: Online Shopping for LED Lighting Products