Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Using Therapeutic Grade Oils

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default Using Therapeutic Grade Oils

My family and I don't buy much from the store anymore by way of first aid or cleaning products. A lot of medicine we are able to avoid completely as well. We use essential oils and a few other basic supplies to manufacture our own. They are much more concentrated than what you buy at the store so you can store more and use less.

Example: mouthwash, bug bites, sanitizing utensils and surfaces, cleaning basic cuts to prevent infection, soothing sore muscles....

Peppermint oil and vodka with maybe a little bit of water mixed in depending on the application.

I have some exact recipes and I'm sure VikingDad has a bunch as well. I'll post them later.

image-968726661.jpg
A bottle of oil this size lasts from 1-3 months in my house depending on what it's being used for.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #2

Liked 619 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Would you consider RemOil theripudic, or Hoppes?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19
Would you consider RemOil theripudic, or Hoppes?
Haha! Yeah add that to some vodka and swish it around in your mouth. Be sure to post a video when you do it!

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #4

Liked 619 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Haha! Yeah add that to some vodka and swish it around in your mouth. Be sure to post a video when you do it!
Sorry I'm trying to quit.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 2180

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Peppermint oil and vodka with maybe a little bit of water mixed in depending on the application.
You can buy that already mixed as well. It's called peppermint Schnapps.

Actually, I've been meaning to check with some of the local shops for some time now for essential oils. There really are a lot of uses for them.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #6

Liked 4789 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

How come Vodka? Why not American Bourbon made in old Kentucky? You can pick wild mint and press your own oil.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
How come Vodka? Why not American Bourbon made in old Kentucky? You can pick wild mint and press your own oil.
Actually IMO the best thing to use would be the strongest moonshine you could find. The mint and vodka is just one example. The least complicated example I had.