Two piece sleeping bag system - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Two piece sleeping bag system


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MAINE
Posts: 223
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Wow, that's the cheapest I've seen a whoel system listed for, anywhere!
It's the same system I used in the Marines, and it is indeed great. Only problem I can think of would be that it's a little bulky, and would benefit greatly from the separate sleep system pouch we had on our MOLLE packs.
therhino is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Wow, that's the cheapest I've seen a whoel system listed for, anywhere!
It's the same system I used in the Marines, and it is indeed great. Only problem I can think of would be that it's a little bulky, and would benefit greatly from the separate sleep system pouch we had on our MOLLE packs.
I never used one like you did, but the ones I have seen you can take the Gore Tex cover and use it for other things. is that what you mean?

These systems can be found on Great Outdoors and other places periodically for cheap. I can see if I could get a pallet of them for a deal if there are enough people interested. Only problem is that they are bulky so they are expensive to ship.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Scratchammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,484
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Default

Thanks for the good info, y'all. I think I'm sold on the military issue.
__________________
"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM
Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MAINE
Posts: 223
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I never used one like you did, but the ones I have seen you can take the Gore Tex cover and use it for other things. is that what you mean?

These systems can be found on Great Outdoors and other places periodically for cheap. I can see if I could get a pallet of them for a deal if there are enough people interested. Only problem is that they are bulky so they are expensive to ship.
Nah, our MOLLE packs had a separate clip-on bag that went on the bottom of the pack frame, specifically for your sleep system, like this:

Two piece sleeping bag system - Survival & Sustenance Living Forum

It's the big, fat thing at the bottom.
therhino is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Nah, our MOLLE packs had a separate clip-on bag that went on the bottom of the pack frame, specifically for your sleep system, like this:

Two piece sleeping bag system - Survival & Sustenance Living Forum

It's the big, fat thing at the bottom.
That would be above your ass??

OK, I see what you mean.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,657
Liked 1255 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default

im kickin myself so bad for not grabbing the milsurp setup i saw at my gunshow this summer.. 99 bucks.. shoulda just told the wife to shush. and bought it.. they are amazing and thats the cheapest ive seen up here in awhile.
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,515
Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

I speak from near the four years experience backing the PCT I've had with this one. This bag is awsome!!

http://www.rei.com/product/731794/marmot-pinnacle-sleeping-bag

With a silk liner you can get another 10 degrees lower fahrenheit rating, it's light, has good loft, and with a compression sack it compacts real small.
__________________
A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass. There is no known substitute known to man, and neither are cheap.
mrm14 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
I speak from near the four years experience backing the PCT I've had with this one. This bag is awsome!!

http://www.rei.com/product/731794/marmot-pinnacle-sleeping-bag

With a silk liner you can get another 10 degrees lower fahrenheit rating, it's light, has good loft, and with a compression sack it compacts real small.
Yeah, except for the price!
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,515
Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah, except for the price!
Awwww... It's only filthy, rotten, dirty money.

Also, you only live once.
__________________
A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass. There is no known substitute known to man, and neither are cheap.
mrm14 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Texsport Sweetwater Sleeping Bag (15229) Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 0 02-23-2012 04:19 PM
Modular Sleeping Bag Patrol $29.99 Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 1 09-10-2011 02:35 PM
Sleeping in SHTF SmithKid308 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 38 08-28-2011 04:23 AM
New CCW Piece JiroZero713 The Club House 5 07-08-2011 11:46 PM
Texsport Fleece Sleeping Bag $12.37 Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 0 05-25-2011 03:26 PM



Newest Threads