TV opportunity – from the makers of Discovery’s Gold Rush
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > TV opportunity – from the makers of Discovery’s Gold Rush

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default TV opportunity – from the makers of Discovery’s Gold Rush

I work for the TV production company Raw TV – we are the makers of the hit Discovery show Gold Rush Alaska (Fridays 10PM E/P) that follows a group of men from Portland as they risk it all to mine for gold.

We are currently searching for individuals to take part in our next exciting network TV series ‘Pioneers’. We are looking for American families who are considering starting new lives for themselves in the great American wilderness and are willing to be followed throughout their experiences by our cameras.

Have you always dreamed of making a new life for your family in the wilderness, away from bureaucracy and the rat race? Have you and your friends been talking about starting a new community with your own rules? Or are you already living in a community away from society?

If you answer yes to any of these, or know someone who would – we would love to hear from you.
Please email your contact details and your story to pioneers@rawtelevision.co.uk

Thanks so much for your time,

Paul

Raw TV

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I sure hope it is better than Gold Rush. Them boys make humans look STUPID... Thanks for doing all that you do in putting that CRAP out on the market.

Really who is going to sleep out side in grizzle country without a FIREARM? STUPID STUPID STUPID..... I am sure your next show would be just as stupid.....

Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd like to know where you get off saying it is a Hit TV Show?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The Gold Rush guys are idiots. That much was made clear in the teaser commercials that aired before the pilot did. Subsequent clips from other episodes only confirmed it.

That said, what is being offered is enticing. The only thing is, if I want to get away from it all, I don't want a camera crew around and I don't want the whole world knowing where I am. Just sayin'.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5735 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 379

well i for one find gold rush hilarious watching that disaster of a group. i dont like that flying alaska there isnt anyone in it thats really stupid. im just the sort that likes watching real side show freaks go about business.

why dont you follow a group of hardcore leftists who hate guns and eating meat become pioneers. THAT would be worth watching.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Why dont you follow a group of hardcore leftists who hate guns and eating meat become pioneers. THAT would be worth watching.
Now that would be good tv.

Watch today as Flower and Pepper get in a fight and Salt has to break it up but Starchild doesn't like it at all and leaves the group to find his way with the animals.

Watch next week as Starchild is eaten by bears......

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #8

Liked 1123 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The Gold Rush guys are idiots. That much was made clear in the teaser commercials that aired before the pilot did. Subsequent clips from other episodes only confirmed it.

That said, what is being offered is enticing. The only thing is, if I want to get away from it all, I don't want a camera crew around and I don't want the whole world knowing where I am. Just sayin'.
Exactly my thoughts. Who wants to get away from society and start a new life only to be followed by society in their new life?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #9

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Gold Rush?...how about Gun Rush

a show about your company giving ''me" 1M in GOLD to buy,try,& review on all the big name brand guns,thats out there?

it could work

Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have found your Gold Rush show very entertaining. I congratulate you on your success with that show. I think the flaws of the characters have added to the entertainment value for me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.