Trying to find junk silver today 10/15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Trying to find junk silver today 10/15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2929 Times on 1702 Posts
Likes Given: 1747

Default Trying to find junk silver today 10/15

I was waiting for the spanked A$$es in D.C. to get their **** together and come to their senses. I waited until noon today and after the House of Ill Repute came out with their new bill that will not pass the muster in the other house of Constipation or across Obummer's desk, I went and withdrew some funds from savings to go purchase physical silver.

I was able to find only 30 oz. that I was willing to purchase, after stopping at 4 different gold/silver/jewery buyers.

I have an appointment Thurs. am with another guy who is reputable, but there was no "junk" silver available, as in pre-1965 silver coins, or 1 oz. silver bullion bars, rounds or coins today.

I did buy 1 - 500 rnd. brick of 22 lr. (daily limit) and 200 rnds. of .45 acp., FMJ at another store.

I thought I was ahead of the curve on converting cash to physical assets, I was wrong.

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7441 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15311

I have been buying lead.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #3

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is where I buy. On one order, I found three dimes that were not junk silver, and they credited me and added them to my next order no problem. They are the lowest on the net as far as I have seen. If in no hurry, it's cheapest to send them a check and wait for the mail instead of adding credit card transaction fees.

http://www.providentmetals.com/1-face-value-90-silver-us-coins.html

12FRETTER

Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #4

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
I thought I was ahead of the curve on converting cash to physical assets, I was wrong.
And now is the time to keep at it.

I have bought much of my PM's off of eBay over the years. Just know the value going in, and you will do fine. Expect to pay a bit over spot, especially with the way things are now.

Amount of silver per coin:

Silver dollars contain 0.72344 Troy oz. silver content
Half dollars contain 0.36169 Troy oz silver content
Quarters contain 0.18084 Troy oz silver content
Dimes contain 0.0723 Troy oz silver content

Right now silver is $22 per Troy oz. So a half dollar would have a spot price of about $8. If I were buying right now, I would plan on paying about $9 per half dollar (including shipping.) Franklin halves are going to be your best bet, as they are not as "pretty" as walkers and are generally a bit cheaper.