Trespassing in a SHTF scenario - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Trespassing in a SHTF scenario

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Okay, so S has HTF. You need supplies. You decide to explore some abandoned dwellings. Of course you're armed (well, presumably), so you look like a threat. Is there a way to convey to people that you're there peacefully? Do you arrive on the property with a white flag? Now you're ASSuming it's abandoned. But maybe the residents fostered that look to discourage looters. When you enter the house, do you call out your intentions? Offer assurance that you mean no harm and will leave if occupied? Or do you want to remain quiet and not call attention to yourself? Likewise, what about when others come to your property? Would you blast at anything rummaging through your kitchen, or would you announce your presence? I can see a lot of unneeded incidents because of this. Should us 'good folk' have a code or a signal for this?

If this situation was to happen , you didnt prepare well enough , and you are considered a looter/ thief in my book . nothing against you but you werent prepared for a SHTF situation and are rummaging / pilfering others good .Im not giving up my goods, my castle and Im not prepaired to have another mouth to feed if you werent invited ,wether you have a gun / skills or not .
When I need someone with skills I dont have I will be looking for those people not looting others good

Last edited by purehavoc; 05-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I would be expecting to take fire while looting and would fire on looters, particularly bears.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Okay, so S has HTF. You need supplies. You decide to explore some abandoned dwellings. Of course you're armed (well, presumably), so you look like a threat. Is there a way to convey to people that you're there peacefully? Do you arrive on the property with a white flag? Now you're ASSuming it's abandoned. But maybe the residents fostered that look to discourage looters. When you enter the house, do you call out your intentions? Offer assurance that you mean no harm and will leave if occupied? Or do you want to remain quiet and not call attention to yourself? Likewise, what about when others come to your property? Would you blast at anything rummaging through your kitchen, or would you announce your presence? I can see a lot of unneeded incidents because of this. Should us 'good folk' have a code or a signal for this?
I would think that common sense should prevail in matters described above.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2536 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Since very few would have the least real idea of what SHTF would be like! For those of us who have had the unfortunate experience in life of a full blown riot situations and serious threats realize the irrational logic of those caught up in the moment which includes unbelievable actions of threats, aggression and destruction. This would dictate my thoughts concerning (SHTF) people showing up uninvited and coming on the property in the hills here in Tennessee. That is that anyone that was not personaly invited to be there or presently residing with the group would be a threat to my family the group our food and supplies as well as weapons and ammunition. And if they did not leave upon command action would be taken. I would not fall subject to being conned into the pretense they were there only for peaceful reasons! NOT!
To allow otherwise would and could be a serious gamble. Keep in mind even with people you would be familiar with have the strong desire to survive no matter what the cost. If they would fail to leave or confront the group they would be fired upon. It would be their choice of the results.
"Just remember these people will be irrational!" So do not be deceived!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #15

Liked 1444 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 335

You don't have to wait for SHFT. If I see someone sneaking around my property visibly armed they ain't gonna get the howdy-doody welcome. I might give someone the option of disarming and facing felony arrest, or I might not.

Where I live, the NO Trespassing signs mean just what they say.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2536 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Chainfire,

That goes for me also!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

If you trespass and I see you, you're dead plain and simple. The picture below is of the signs I have posted all over my property

image-2659691111.jpg

Have a nice day and remember Kill Them All and Let God Sort Them Out.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 2442

Quote:
See I'm thinking about myself for this example. I would be a great asset in this situation, but what if I went a mile down the road to my neighbors house and they shot me thinking I was a threat? Bad for me AND them, because I really could've helped if they just talked to me. So I'm thinking the same applies to others. What if you just up and shoot a guy looking for say, ammunition, and he ends up being a doctor, or someone with something you could've used, never know. City people are generally worthless and probably don't have much to offer, but out in the country, most people are going to have valuable skills and resources.

I hear what you're saying but I don't have any answers. The overwhelming majority of people are good people and its a shame that so many assume otherwise.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8829 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

Long before you have reached the "rummaging thru the kitchen" mode, we would have communicated.

Definition of communicated is a very broad one.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1963 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 586

In the old west a rider approaching a house stayed mounted and called out to announce his arrival. Sneak in and you are fair game.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."