Training Warriors For EOTW? Really? I mean...REALLY? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Training Warriors For EOTW? Really? I mean...REALLY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix View Post
Agree Jimmy, there has been slamming, but actually your post is pretty much on the negative side, about the negative sides.......I agree and disagree.....

Ok EagleSix, do you belong to the cumbaya social order when it comes to trying to get someones attention? Correction is not negative. Guess it was negative when you were disciplined in school? Look, I'll even put this in colors so they will be soothing for everyone.

Jimmy, I disagree.....I think AZL, OP thread does have a positive value by pointing out some negative aspects of various type discussions and contributors. For this one we disagree....

And how does it meet any semblance to this forum; "Survival and Sustenance Living Forum" I guess using the "Survival" part is good enough for him to talk about somebody standing in line with him. Hmmm how did the subject even come up? This a very small forum for what the title says. There are complete boards with LOTS of forum to talk about this sort of stuff. What will be the kicker is if this 350 fellow is the one that feeds his family....

I agree......

Only because it's very obvious you don't care for the man.

....well, it's actually AZL's thread, and neither, or all, of us are forced to participate.....but like everyone else you have a right to click on that little red triangle and report directly to the moderators your request.
So....I somewhat disagree......I think if we all tone down any personal reference and focus on the agrees and disagrees, it can be a good thread and I think it serves all the members with some valuable information as well as a thread they can vent.......on both sides......although I personally don't see it as a 2 or multi sided rant......just reality!!

Sorry the thread, forum, board belongs to Firearmstalk. I don't need to hide behind a red triangle to ask the mods for something.
That's alot of whats wrong with the country. No one wants to control themseleves and use self-discipline. They want to hide behind the 1st Admendment. They want to say, one just gets pissed because they don't like what one hears. One can get pissed from hearing all sorts of things.
It's mainly a failure of doing the right thing.
Thanks for your retort.

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #42
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i think the main point AZL is trying to get across is that these armchair commandos who go and buy some firearms and do some weekend shooting at some targets, think they are prepared. they aren't anywhere as prepared as they lead themselves to believe. AZL is trying to point out using some coomon sense rather than some bulls$%t tactical training nonsense. because that's exactly all it is, nonsense. those who would survive are those willing to work hard and are already doing it everyday, day in and day out. if you sit behind a desk and are not use to hard physical and demanding labor as part of your normal routine, and buy some tactical firearms and gear and go to the range on the weekend, then your chances at survival are very slim. but take someone who does manual labor as part of their normal routine, has some common sense and know how to live without all of the nice creature comforts we have now, has a much better chance at surviving a bad EOTW situation.
AMEN...and can I get a witness!

With that...I bid thee farewell, and see ya!

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1242 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 2514

We all know or have seen some screwed up individuals that are tacticool something or another (I'm not even sure what to call them?). To be honest I feel sorry for those type of people. It would suck to go through life like that. Whenever I meet those type people I try my best to put a positive spin on things and brighten up their outlook a little. In other words I try to point them in the right direction. I just feel its the right thing to do, but maybe that's just me?

As for the commando group thing, well hey whatever floats their boat. I agree with the majority of people here that is not the way to go. The community concept is great but not a battle group (actual or wanna be). If I were trying to put together a group I think I would start with a doctor, dentist, and a pharmacist. After that I would be looking for people with some serious practical skills like agriculture, carpentry, and a blacksmith. The ex-military I would be looking for would have been in the Corp of Engineers.

Prepping is about "preparing" for bad events. For that reason I don't think of myself as a prepper. I don't spend my time preparing. I spend my learning and doing. Hopefully the things I've learned and done will come in handy if bad events do happen to occur, but I'm better for having learned and done those things even if nothing ever happens (and hopefully it want).

Now, if a guy is absolutely dead set on a commando compound and training just for something to do, then I would highly recommend a mostly female commando group. I mean what's the point if you don't have something worth fighting for?

Ok, forget that last part. I suddenly had images of the Manson family flashing through my head. Maybe its just better if some people forget the whole group thing?

Old 05-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #44

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i think the main point AZL is trying to get across is that these armchair commandos who go and buy some firearms and do some weekend shooting at some targets, think they are prepared. they aren't anywhere as prepared as they lead themselves to believe. AZL is trying to point out using some coomon sense rather than some bulls$%t tactical training nonsense. because that's exactly all it is, nonsense. those who would survive are those willing to work hard and are already doing it everyday, day in and day out. if you sit behind a desk and are not use to hard physical and demanding labor as part of your normal routine, and buy some tactical firearms and gear and go to the range on the weekend, then your chances at survival are very slim. but take someone who does manual labor as part of their normal routine, has some common sense and know how to live without all of the nice creature comforts we have now, has a much better chance at surviving a bad EOTW situation.
Exactly the point!

Frankly I was going to just skip by this thread - because it seems to be pointless. BUT! why not -Guys (and girls) let's stop flaming each other - I don't think anything the OP said ws meant to be directed at anyone here - and if you take offense to it, then maybe it's because it hit a nerve that you feel insecure about. Or not, and you just felt he was being a jerk.

Either way, I think the point - as is quoted above - is that lots of people claim to be prepared, and think they are all commando types - but havn't really applied themselves, or thought out their plans logically. Or are just not what they think they are.

He was trying to say that having some guns and gear, a a bottle of water and the ability to shoot does not make one prepared - that it takes real hard work, dedication and skills to "prep".

True- any prep is better than none - and extreme preppers are probably going overboard for the disasters that we are likely to face, but his point was Don't act all commando, when you're not. Stop braggin about things that you shouldn't brag about, or talk about things that you don't have experience on.

Prepping is hard, and it takes hard work.

Now, can everyone just move on. there's no need for anyone - to get angry over someones opinions. It doesn't help anyone to post-argue.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Last edited by TrueNorth; 05-17-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Exactly the point!

Frankly I was going to just skip by this thread - because it seems to be pointless. BUT! why not -Guys (and girls) let's stop flaming each other - I don't think anything the OP said ws meant to be directed at anyone here - and if you take offense to it, then maybe it's because it hit a nerve that you feel insecure about. Or not, and you just felt he was being a jerk.

Either way, I think the point - as is quoted above - is that lots of people claim to be prepared, and think they are all commando types - but havn't really applied themselves, or thought out their plans logically. Or are just not what they think they are.

He was trying to say that having some guns and gear, a a bottle of water and the ability to shoot does not make one prepared - that it takes real hard work, dedication and skills to "prep".

True- any prep is better than none - and extreme preppers are probably going overboard for the disasters that we are likely to face, but his point was Don't act all commando, when you're not. Stop braggin about things that you shouldn't brag about, or talk about things that you don't have experience on.

Prepping is hard, and it takes hard work.

Now, can everyone just move on. there's no need for anyone - to get angry over someones opinions. It doesn't help anyone to post-argue.
Common sense from a guy who has to worry about more than SHTF and EOTW...he lives in Sasquatch country!

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #46

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Quote:
Agree Jimmy, there has been slamming, but actually your post is pretty much on the negative side, about the negative sides.......I agree and disagree.....

Quote:
Ok EagleSix, do you belong to the cumbaya social order when it comes to trying to get someones attention? Correction is not negative. Guess it was negative when you were disciplined in school? Look, I'll even put this in colors so they will be soothing for everyone.
You call it correction, I called it negative......it was my impression of your post. We don't agree. I can tell you, your "Guess" is wrong.

Quote:
Jimmy, I disagree.....I think AZL, OP thread does have a positive value by pointing out some negative aspects of various type discussions and contributors. For this one we disagree....

Quote:
And how does it meet any semblance to this forum; "Survival and Sustenance Living Forum" I guess using the "Survival" part is good enough for him to talk about somebody standing in line with him. Hmmm how did the subject even come up? This a very small forum for what the title says. There are complete boards with LOTS of forum to talk about this sort of stuff. What will be the kicker is if this 350 fellow is the one that feeds his family....
The reference is in previous threads, in this forum. If this is the wrong place the moderators can move it. If it violates the rules or is deemed inappropriate, it can be deleted or closed. You have stated you don't like it and that is your right. There are other members who have made positive replies. If you are over weight, I would understand you taking offense. The facts are, in most cases of survival, or those which would require physical stress, grossly over weight people are more a liability than an asset, although there are exceptions.
Quote:
I agree......

Quote:
Only because it's very obvious you don't care for the man.
Whether I care for Hock or not, has little to do with my agreement to your statement, so it isn't an "Only"........and although you could have worded it differently, I agreed with your statement......you fed the wrong conclusion into my agreement.

Quote:
....well, it's actually AZL's thread, and neither, or all, of us are forced to participate.....but like everyone else you have a right to click on that little red triangle and report directly to the moderators your request.
So....I somewhat disagree......I think if we all tone down any personal reference and focus on the agrees and disagrees, it can be a good thread and I think it serves all the members with some valuable information as well as a thread they can vent.......on both sides......although I personally don't see it as a 2 or multi sided rant......just reality!!

Quote:
Sorry the thread, forum, board belongs to Firearmstalk. I don't need to hide behind a red triangle to ask the mods for something.
That's alot of whats wrong with the country. No one wants to control themseleves and use self-discipline. They want to hide behind the 1st Admendment. They want to say, one just gets pissed because they don't like what one hears. One can get pissed from hearing all sorts of things.
It's mainly a failure of doing the right thing.
I agree, the thread is a part of the board for which we are all guest. However, the topic of the thread belongs to AZL.......FireArmsTalk.com didn't think up and post the OP.

I applaud your principle for taking responsibility and not hiding. Clicking on the triangle to report a thread post may be hiding to you.......I respect your right to your opinion. It is however a tool offered by FireArmsTalk which allows members to help the moderators do their job and address the concerns of members in private, which may be used effectively.

Thanks for your retort.

Jimmy

Thanks for your reply Jimmy. I agreed with some of what you previously said and disagreed with other parts. I appreciate your right to your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
We all know or have seen some screwed up individuals that are tacticool something or another (I'm not even sure what to call them?). To be honest I feel sorry for those type of people. It would suck to go through life like that. Whenever I meet those type people I try my best to put a positive spin on things and brighten up their outlook a little. In other words I try to point them in the right direction. I just feel its the right thing to do, but maybe that's just me? ~snip~
^^^^^^^^^ Yes.....

I have turned a few around and when they realize what they had become as opposed to what they thought they were.......a light bulb went off.......it was a complete change in attitude and reality. Unfortunately out of the many, I've only been successful at a few.......but TLuker I agree with you and will continue to try......

Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5684 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

my mom didnt have a basement so i joined the military police, the super secret police force that trains putting together secret prisons under witch mountain with railroad tracks going deep underground. when i got out i bought a house with a basement so i could live in it. at least you have to admit im a self-starting basement dweller.

i could teach ya how to build jails to hold conservatives but i dont think anyone here could handle the rigorous brutal dedication it takes. when your out hunting or struggling me and my former MP comrades will be recalled to round you guppies up.

so :P

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL
If you were at the Cabela's I go to in Glendale, AZ...then you will know why. There is a little blondini who works there named Megan...and my full and undivided attention would have been on HER.

The running joke with my wife is that I am going to trade her in for Megan in a couple of years...to which my wife says "Go ahead".

LOL.

My wife is 10 years younger than me, and I am guessing Megan is 10 years younger than my wife. Younger gals look good...but past that...they are hard to listen to without going to that room in the back of your head where you drink beer and shoot pool.
Hey I called dibs on Megan already.