Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Trailer for new movie (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/trailer-new-movie-64552/)

JTJ 05-16-2012 01:52 AM

Trailer for new movie
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JwfCRAtkYEI

jeepejeep 05-16-2012 03:08 AM

Looks good!

bkt 05-16-2012 09:54 AM

Not a movie - it's a new series on NBC starting this fall. And yes, it looks good.

JonM 05-16-2012 12:12 PM

Except if all electricity stopped even stored current and none could be generated then just about every living creature on the planet would die instantly...

bkt 05-16-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 803542)
Except if all electricity stopped even stored current and none could be generated then just about every living creature on the planet would die instantly...

I had the same thought. Electro-chemical processes allow neurons and synapses to work. No electricity, no thinky. No autonomic nervous system = no heartbeat.

The implication, also, is that basic chemistry is out the window. The idea of forming bonds between atoms by sharing electrons goes away. So the premise of a global blackout seems mighty hokey out of the chute. But it's still something I'll check out...at least for the first few episodes.

Vincine 05-16-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 803542)
Except if all electricity stopped even stored current and none could be generated then just about every living creature on the planet would die instantly...

Now that’s an interesting proposition. An ELE that interferes with electrogenesis as well as mechanical.

Well, It's been nice, mostly. Bye bye!

farmer12 05-16-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine
Now that’s an interesting proposition. An ELE that interferes with electrogenesis as well as mechanical.

Well, It's been nice, mostly. Bye bye!

Forgive my ignorance but is that possible? I mean do we know of either a natural or man made force that can cause an interference to both mechanical and electrogenesis?

orangello 05-16-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmer12 (Post 804078)
Forgive my ignorance but is that possible? I mean do we know of either a natural or man made force that can cause an interference to both mechanical and electrogenesis?

Lightning?

TLuker 05-17-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmer12 (Post 804078)
Forgive my ignorance but is that possible? I mean do we know of either a natural or man made force that can cause an interference to both mechanical and electrogenesis?

Nuclear Explosion. :)

HockaLouis 05-17-2012 02:16 AM

Shocking!
 
I'm not 100% sure watt you guys are talking about but I think that the Mayans developed that hypothesis -- can someone confirm they scheduled the next global event without too much resistance?

On too many highly charged forums and posts the initial biophysical manifestations of it can be observed already. I don't think we'll get much impedance if I name it The Theory of Negativity...


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.