Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Top 5 most important things in your BOB?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/top-5-most-important-things-your-bob-5982/)

rickrem700 08-01-2008 11:08 AM

Top 5 most important things in your BOB??

Like to hear you opinions on the 5 most important things in your bug out bag?

G21.45 08-01-2008 01:00 PM

:rolleyes: (1) A medical trauma kit, (2) a 22 pistol and ammo, (3) a space blanket and pancho, (4) a road atlas and local topo map, and (5) some gold jewelry and bribe money. ;)

By the way, it's; 'If you run, you're just going to die tired.'

Dillinger 08-01-2008 01:41 PM

1) First Aid and Trauma Equipment / Meds

2) Stay Warm Stuff / Rain Gear ( Pacific Northwesterner after all )

3) Shiny stuff for trading

4) Ammo / Couple of Blades - Knives

5) GPS Unit / Radio / Flashlight / Batteries

Yeah, I know the batteries will run out, and they are going to be heavy, but I have a large bug out bag, a small one, and I don't intend on having to be gone for months on end. :D

JD

RL357Mag 08-01-2008 02:33 PM

Don't forget water purification tablets or filtration...not gonna get far without water!

dunerunner 08-01-2008 04:36 PM

RL - My thoughts exactly

1. Sweetwater purifier pump w/spare filters & Iodine tabs
2. My trusty 1991A1 and ammo
3. Hand Axe and various knives
4. Two panchos, blankets and dry clothers in foodsaver vac bags
5. Fire starter; matches, lighter and fluid, dry windling in foodsaver vac bags

notdku 08-01-2008 07:29 PM

Dillinger I bought a LED flashlight that is solar powered. I thought it was a gimmick but wanted to test it. Works well! I'm sold.

Dillinger 08-01-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 34469)
Dillinger I bought a LED flashlight that is solar powered. I thought it was a gimmick but wanted to test it. Works well! I'm sold.

Interesting. Do you have a link? I might like to procure one as well....

JD

rickrem700 08-02-2008 09:39 AM

By the way, it's;

Quote:

Originally Posted by G21.45 (Post 34425)
:rolleyes: (1) A medical trauma kit, (2) a 22 pistol and ammo, (3) a space blanket and pancho, (4) a road atlas and local topo map, and (5) some gold jewelry and bribe money. ;)

By the way, it's; 'If you run, you're just going to die tired.'

That always embarasses the hell out of me, I wish I had better grammer skills, the truth of the matter is I lost my father when I was 15 to a shoot out in a parking lot of a motel in Denton, Texas.
From that day on I worked 40 plus hours a week to help my mother get my younger brother and sisters raised and keep the farm, never got a chance to go back and finish up school, thought I had it whiped when spell check came along, but my lap top took a crap and now I'm stuck using my wifes desk top that has not got spell check, so please forgive my grammer and bear with me, I try to do the best I can.

bkt 08-02-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickrem700 (Post 34556)
That always embarasses the hell out of me, I wish I had better grammer skills, the truth of the matter is I lost my father when I was 15 to a shoot out in a parking lot of a motel in Denton, Texas.
From that day on I worked 40 plus hours a week to help my mother get my younger brother and sisters raised and keep the farm, never got a chance to go back and finish up school, thought I had it whiped when spell check came along, but my lap top took a crap and now I'm stuck using my wifes desk top that has not got spell check, so please forgive my grammer and bear with me, I try to do the best I can.

Well, I did finish school, go to college, and I was cursed with having two English teachers for parents. And today, I STILL manage to butcher grammar, spelling and punctuation on a regular basis.

So don't worry about it. :)

RL357Mag 08-03-2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 34447)
RL - My thoughts exactly

1. Sweetwater purifier pump w/spare filters & Iodine tabs
2. My trusty 1991A1 and ammo
3. Hand Axe and various knives
4. Two panchos, blankets and dry clothers in foodsaver vac bags
5. Fire starter; matches, lighter and fluid, dry windling in foodsaver vac bags

Bleach works in a pinch also..